kieranperez

Spiritual Purification & Mastering Emotions - Same Thing?

3 posts in this topic

Is mastering emotions in enlightenment work the same process as spiritual purification? 

In my experience they are separate things yet at the same time feed into and support eachother.  Sometimes you need to master your anger so you don't burn out your system and prevent spiritual purification or your hearts ability to come out.  This can be said of fear, anxiety, loneliness and many other emotions.  Also mastering your emotions generally leads to being able to not run away from your emotions which makes bearing spiritual purification easier perhaps.  Just tip of the iceberg response, but hope that helps.

Neither are emotions to be mastered nor is there anything that could be purified. If emotions arise they are freed in their own place because they are empty of true existence from the outset. Everything being empty of true existence purity is spontaneously present.

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.