Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eye

Opinions On Ralph Smart

21 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

Recently I saw a "Opinions On Teal Swan" thread. It was really interesting to read all your comments because as her subscriber I was also questioning some of the stuff she talks about.

Today I want to talk about Ralph Smart. I have watched his videos for about 2 years, with couple of breaks. At first I literally fell in love with the message, calmness, peace and loving energy he shares with the world. Even downloaded loads of his stuff and listened to while driving a car or while having a walk in the park. I learnt a LOT, realised many things about myself, about vibrating the positive energy and letting go of fear. 

However, I have stopped watching it, recently. It's just... I felt like it goes in quantity rather than quality! I mean, some of the stuff he talks about is great, but hold on a second, it's all the same thing all over again, the same scheme, the same stories, the same vegan-canigetahellothere-repetitiveness. This guy releases like 10 videos per week, it's just insane. I mean, I'm not questioning the knowledge, the positive attitude, sharing the love energy etc. but... the strategy. To be honest, 2 years ago it used to be more practical information, now it's... weird, I just don't get it anymore. Over 1300 videos of which 80% is basically the same. Sometimes I feel irritated and overloaded.

Let me know if some of you feel similar. Thing is, his videos have served me for some time, I learnt a lot, but I think it's time to unsubscribe.

Cheers everyone, have a good weekend!:)

Edited by Eye

I feel the same. I watched someof his videos and they aren't bad I think. He has a good vibe and a positive world view without lack beliefs etc. But if you are into personal develepment you probably have already a similar mindset, so it doesn't really help you learning the inner psychology of life. To be honest since act.org has become so advanced (I think it is really funny to watch a video from the beginning, it is really amazing how much the videos improved over time (althoug I was already a fan at the beginning)), most of the online personal develepment content seems a bit more shallow and vague to me. Anyway, I feel the same about Ralph Smart as you :-) 

To be honest I've never really taken to him. His message is good and he's positive, good energy and all that but the delivery isn't really for me, it doesn't really seem authentic, but that's just me I know a lot of people like him. 

He also doesn't really seem to delve into topics like I'm used to with people like tolle, sadhguru and Mooji, it always seems like he says a lot of words but doesn't really get to the point. Just my opinion though that's why it's good to have a variety of teachers out there.

I was about to subscribe to him, but you're saying he makes 10 videos a week? I probably don't have time to watch that many videos, but looking at it from another perspective: he is so full of energy and spirit put into his work. It's play to him (and not work, no struggles), and that's great.

I also look at him as another startup, and I'm an educational startup - different from self-help. Looks like people tend to go easy on startups that have pleasant vibes and say that mistakes are ok - have a look at his comment areas.

Edited by Key Elements

@Key Elements

9 hours ago, Key Elements said:

I was about to subscribe to him, but you're saying he makes 10 videos a week? I probably don't have time to watch that many videos,

I guess God has never told you the rule that you can online subscribe to a channel if you watch every video ^^ ;)

@Wouter

I already watch Ralph's clips sometimes. He's awesome. If I subscribe and 10 clips come in my e-mail in a week, as someone said, I wouldn't be having time to watch all 10 within the week.

19 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

@Wouter

I already watch Ralph's clips sometimes. He's awesome. If I subscribe and 10 clips come in my e-mail in a week, as someone said, I wouldn't be having time to watch all 10 within the week.

He doesn't do ten clips a week.

Helps alot of people, great guy. I do not listen to him anymore, but when I was, I liked he posted so many videos. It was like 15 minutes of positivity and planting that positivity in your own mind.

Life is when awareness hides in the idea of personal experience. ~ Matt Kahn

Sorry, double post >.<

Edited by Eye

23 hours ago, A way to Actualize said:

It was like 15 minutes of positivity and planting that positivity in your own mind.

True! 100% agree. In fact you now reminded me of those times when I used to listen to him a lot. His teachings/speeches could really put me in good vibes.

1 minute ago, Etagnwo said:

These people think about non duality as if it is something mysterious and outside of  normal living 

And it is, how many people see life as it really is?

@Etagnwo They teach all of that? But I heard there was controversy?

@Etagnwo No, reality is reality. There is only one reality for all of us. The one we can see. But most people are so busy thinking their suffering, they dont experience it.

Its not a matter of agreement, its how we all born.

5 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

Which is reality.

Not sure how you can say that what they are doing is not reality. 

If everyone in the world now became enlightened (according to how you interpret enlightenment) we would still never agree on what the one reality is. 

That much is obvious to us all after a minute or so contemplation. 

Reality is what we can experience with our 5 senses. It was the first thing I asked my mentor lol. You really think what you can see isnt reality? What? lol

@Etagnwo Well, when we think, we are not grounded in reality (5 senses, touch, smell, taste, sight and hearing). We are in imaginition land. We can think about all sort of things: what if I lose my job? What if my girlfriend leaves? What if I end up all alone? I will be so miserable...I will be so lonely...

And these thoughts can last forever until our death bed or we can focus on the present and feel unconditional calmness (that I have).

There is duality in life. There is red and green. Women and man.

But what they mean with non-duality is the cessation of concepts (good\bad, pretty\ugly, worthy\worthless, succesful\failure), not so much with the factual duality, that exists.

@Ether Thinking is a part of reality, youre not grounded in the moment though, there is nothing that isnt reality, even a DMT trip is reality

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Just now, Rilles said:

@Ether Thinking is a part of reality, youre not grounded in the moment though, there is nothing that isnt reality, even a DMT trip is reality

Well, if we go with 5 senses is reality and reality alone, no, thinking is not reality.

If you imagine a dragon, does he exist? No, of course not, thinking is not reality.

A LOT OF CONTEMPLATION, BOIIIIIII

@Ether

615A7712-05C3-4EF9-9185-80791401FE24.jpeg

Depends on your definition i guess, but everything is part of the same absolute

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

5 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

....THESE are concepts...

You're clinging to the concept of the cessation of concepts 

Lol

I didnt say they werent concepts. They dont exist.

2 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

But you are creating a duality when you say that thinking about a non existent Dragon isn't reality. It's is reality, for someone. 

Show me a dragon in 5 senses and if i see it too, then its reality.

5 minutes ago, Rilles said:

@Ether

615A7712-05C3-4EF9-9185-80791401FE24.jpeg

Depends on your definition i guess, but everything is part of the same absolute

The state of being real, ok? But whats real? Thats not very specific, mine is