non_nothing

Please Don't chase enlightenment.

129 posts in this topic

Also to look through the veil of self we tend to get caught up in distinctions through the word and its meaning. So for example the self will not see that fear=attachment/resistance/identification and pleasure/desire. Thought will tend to see these as all distinct separate parts of experience as opposed to one unit in movement. 

The holistic understanding seems to contribute to awareness/meditation/attention. 

Edited by Jack River

41 minutes ago, MiracleMan said:

Can an object being perceived (like thought) be perceiving? 

What do you say? 

@Jack Riverjuicy insights here my friend! 

@MiracleManvery good points! 

So to simplify, our actions do not determine how “enlightened” we are; therefore, changing our actions in hope of attainment is futile.

All which brings about liberation/god comes from within/ understanding thought/self in its entirety 

No effort as in psychological movement will bring about holistic understanding/awareness/meditation/attention 

Edited by DrewNows

19 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

So to simplify, our actions do not determine how “enlightened” we are; therefore, changing our actions in hope of attainment is futile.

To control as if the controller were different from the controlled. Every action in time is a movement of effort. Effort is time(a movement from the past/modified present/that projects a fixed gaol in the future), like “enlightenment”

A movement that inherently pushes freedom further away into the future. 

Edited by Jack River

Effort could probably also be referred to as a doing. Any response experience/knowledge/memory(time) to arrive/attain/accomplish a state of contentment/satisfaction/happiness. To seek in time a state of wholeness. Which is what divided action in the first place. That is what sustains the divison between the observer and the observed.  This leads to that fragmented incomplete sense of being. :(

Edited by Jack River

22 hours ago, Angelite said:

Okay so a complete surrender to God and be in the moment & not worry about anything else, in other word, complete trust and faith to God, or if it's in decision making, it should be from God's consciousness? 

@lmfao I come to this conclusion after watching the video. It's a good one, thanks.

12 hours ago, Jack River said:

Are we looking for a way out of self (conflict/suffering/discontentment)? If so the motive/means that we use to attain the gaol(time) may be the cause itself of self(conflict/suffering/discontentment). Can this be seen as a fact? 

What if every step away from what is(conflict/suffering/discontentment) sustains that what is? 

How do we know when we are moving away from what is? 

I'm just curious..to know what it's like..

@MiracleMan Playing God is a sin in my religion. We cannot compare God to anything.....(but there's attributes of God reflected in all of God's Creations). *But no, I was wrong, you can't compare God to it's Creations.....I am unreliable~I don't know....(:(this is precisely why I wanna learn more with the guru that i went to last few weeks, but i have university commitment.........)

10 hours ago, Jack River said:

Yep. For you to believe that statement I made is the same as someone looking for an answer without understanding the problem. They may then assume what I say is correct. If so we remain in the same boat as before. 

Does it mean we need to have both then? To have a holistic view?

Edited by Angelite

@Jack River I don't understand everything else that you talk about.

What is movement? What is division of observer and the observed? Haha I don't get it.

Edited by Angelite

10 hours ago, Angelite said:

@Jack River I don't understand everything else that you talk about.

What is movement? What is division of observer and the observed? Haha I don't get it.

Fosho. It’s all you. It’s right there in plain sight.