Baotrader

Suicidal thoughts

36 posts in this topic

One of my all time favorite quotes where simply hearing it alone saved me in a lot of ways. ❤️

"There is no coming to consciousness without pain" --Carl Jung

Repeat that for a few times until you can feel it. ❤️

Sending love to you. ❤️

Edited by VioletFlame

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

7 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

But ultimately, not even death should be a problem since death doesn't exist.

So pain is still unnecessary. Since surviving is unnecessary.

It is necessary if you want to be here talking about it.

Death is not a problem, but then there is no form and no world and nothing to say.

Surviving is utterly necessary from the POV of being a thing.

We could not be here talking without it.

The entire design is pure genius. Everything has its place, even all the "evil" stuff. It is the PERFECT design to maximize diversity of form.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Vladimir That's very simple. Without intense physical pain you would have accidentally killed yourself long ago.

People who cannot feel pain usually die very young.

But that is very different from being so conscious that you can transcend pain.

Suffering is one of the best tools for spiritual growth. If you never suffered you would a lazy fat slug living in your mother's basement like Jabba the Hut. Suffering is what makes life feel so REAL. Otherwise it would just be a cartoon.

Love you Leo. (try saying that fast many times...)

Journal of Jesus Christ - https://journalofjesuschrist.com

8 hours ago, Rilles said:

?

@Rilles he is saying that suicide and shit like that are things that all things that a first world mind will consider because of how spoiled it is. Notice how you don't typically hear of people in Africa or a lower economically developed country, committing suicide. They hold onto the idea that life will be better in the future. But that's always what the mind does, the person is always waiting for the day where they life is fulfilling. But it never does. Because of the fallen state of the mind, happiness will always be "somewhere else." And it's just that in the developed world, where money, sex and relaxation are plentiful, there is little else for the mind to believe in. So it's a bit of a brat.

But meditation is suicide. Everything that is painful and depressive in you is imagination I'm pretty sure. But yeah, outside of "spirituality" and wisdom...my philosophy regarding suicide is that if I was really going to put a bullet through this thing I call "my head", then i would probably do some mad fun shit first. Like, if I'm prepared to do that, then I'll be prepared to say fuck it and go on 5 holidays, do loads of drugs and crash my car. Like why would you just kill yourself. You'd be better to have a bit of fun. Just change your life dramatically. But Leo's advice is the best. Anything that isint the one who observes is, by definition, not you...including wanting to die. But yo, you wouldn't get a chance to be enlightened if u did. So for my it's just not logical, even if I were to feel like doing it. At least have some fun and go nuts first like

@Baotrader  I battle with pure O or OCD it's mental crazy thoughts & images about my loved ones or whoever, I know how to control it more now & pretty much laugh at my thoughts now,  after all, you are not you're thoughts! You are the observer of the thoughts, doing enlightenment work & mediation has literally saved my life, listening to all of Leo's content has literally saved my life, I thought "I" was my thoughts ? Funny to look back at it now, but a year & a 1/2 ago I thought I belonged in a phsc ward. Let the thoughts be there & observers them. The more you try to push them away the more they push back! The ego can be a fucked up thing, that's why it needs to go. In a fucked up way "i" am glad that these crazy thoughts came running into my life like a freight train, because without them I would have never have found Enlightenment. (No im not Enlightened) but my kundalini is awakend & I am in the process of one day being enlightened?

Edited by Tony 845

There's so much to say about this topic. ❤️ 

Suicidal thoughts and suffering was a huge part of my life growing up so I have a good amount of experience with it to the point of adoring it just as much as the "good stuff." 

For a long time I had a natural, intrinsic curiosity for pain and suffering and how it corresponds to empathy, and how it can help someone gain their empathy and emotional connection to the world. The more pain, hardship, and turmoil one goes through, the more likely they are to feel empathy towards others because now they can actually say they had direct experience with pain themselves, therefore it is to be deeply felt & understood and even appreciated. 

When I was 14 years old, I attempted suicide and eventually was led to the hospital because of it. The reason why was because I was dealing with so much internal adversity and struggle for a very long time, and once I hit my teens and discovered/fully grasped that what I went through as a child was completely inhumane and wrong, it was difficult for me to handle this massive awakening alone at this age. And it was indeed a massive awakening. However, I always felt like feeling, releasing and surrendering to my pain in numerous ways was extremely liberating and even then I embraced the pain I was going through.

This whole experience was one of the most significant experiences of my life. It is a long story so I won't go too far but being at such an age, being hospitalized, diving into the domain of psychology right before my eyes, it all helped me learn and grow tremendously. Looking back on it now, it was pretty much one of the best moments of my life because not only did I feel so free from the internal battles in which I was dealing with for so long, but everything was finally disclosed and released, I gained wisdom and emotional relief because I had no other choice but to inform my parents/family the things that happened to me. It was painful at first and scary because I didn't want anyone to know what occurred, I didn't want to see them in pain, but in the end it only brought us to the Truth, tackled and captivated the darkness that could no longer be ignored, and granted freedom from an internal cage. 

Ironically, these suicidal thoughts and ideas and attempts only led me to feeling completely alive again. It was a brand new beginning for me and the start of my whole entire lifelong journey of healing through the craft of spirituality.

Edited by VioletFlame

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

@Leo Gura So much of what you just said resonated with me so much. Thank you. ❤️

On 11/24/2018 at 5:39 PM, Rilles said:

Where do you think youll go if you off yourself? Who is being killed? Can you pin-point what it IS that is causing suffering to the YOU?

A master once said ”Suffering is caused by our egos obfuscation of it,” The ego is real lazy, it just says ”you are making me suffer” but it never says ”what is IT? what is that suffering?” Thats scary but you need to look into that.

Yeah thats All EGO....look for who is lostening to all those conditioned voices.... Imagine how ypu were when you were Born, without any conditioning and how conditioning shaped your Identity 

?IngitScooby ?

@Aaron p @Rilles i just meant it's easy to say such thing when you are under comfortable condition

Edited by Baotrader
wrong word

6 hours ago, Baotrader said:

@Aaron p @Rilles i just meant it's easy to say such thing when you are under comfortable condition

I feel you....! Be a winner of Life ! i am also going through a pretty much of a tough timw, But thw thing is all it is an illusion, all our sorrows are just our illusion, Infact we are all whole and at peace inside.... but we continue to work and see the world through our Conditioned mind, Our stored reflexes.... We need to see it ourselves... it takes Time I guess cuz Im on the samwe path exploring myself more and more. And never wver Give Up...life is at ots best... I promise... I know its hard to believe cuz Me too sometimes stuck but then I get up and can see YES it is and Yes again Back to my Egoic self,,, I am vibrating a lot between false self and true self... You can say 80% times in my sorrows cuz I get identified with them... But i am not giving up cuz I know what I am.

?IngitScooby ?

20 hours ago, Baotrader said:

I only shared it to be helpful. You can decrease suffering by being mindful of it. ❤️??

Dont look at me! Look inside!

National suicide hotline 800 273 8255 24/7 free and confidential support for people in distress, crisis, and prevention resources for you and your loved ones. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a national network of local crisis centers that provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We're committed to improving crisis services and advancing suicide prevention by empowering individuals, advancing professional best practices, and building awareness.

suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

On 25/11/2018 at 6:32 AM, Leo Gura said:

Suffering is one of the best tools for spiritual growth. If you never suffered you would a lazy fat slug living in your mother's basement like Jabba the Hut. Suffering is what makes life feel so REAL. Otherwise it would just be a cartoon.

Adds tiny amount of prespective, but still, I have no idea what my sufferening will add into except death. Surely suffering isn't the only thing that motivates us through evolution, surely something else can do, 

On 24/11/2018 at 7:29 PM, Vladimir said:

Leo, why do you think the Universe thought it would be a good idea for a human being to have the potential to experience so much physical pain? Does the level of suffering increase with the complexity of consciousness? You say we are able to experience love and intelligence because the Universe is loving and intelligent, but what about pain? This means the universe can also experience pain.

For siloed consciousness (i.e. you as a human), physical pain happens whenever you push closer to the boundary of self. Pain lets you know where those boundaries are.

For example, in the movie The Truman Show, Truman's emotional pain massively increased the closer he got to escaping the dome.

A hand held over a flame for long enough will be maximally painful because pretty quickly it will no longer be a hand, and eventually it will burn away into nothing at all.

Physical pain is only troubling to the individual, and only as long as the individual believes itself to be there.

From a higher consciousness, physical pain is on the same ontological level as a chair, a table, an oak tree, or a cloud passing in the sky. It is possible to observe pain from the outside, and react to it as you might react to a cloud passing in the sky.

It is within everyone's grasp to experience this phenomenon directly with strong-determination-sitting meditation (SDS). Actually, SDS can completely recalibrate your sense of what it means to suffer by enormously increasing your emotional and physical pain tolerance. In so doing, if kept up, then eventually (and inevitably) it leads to total bliss, total love, total compassion.

Suicide is pointless. You'll just find yourself somewhere else, and you'll have to deal with all of this again (and again, and again).

No fear, enlightenment eventually comes to everyone.

EDIT: Just realised this thread goes back to 2018...

Edited by axiom

Apparently.