Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mada_

The problem with neo-advaitas?

3 posts in this topic

Is the problem with 'neo-advaitas' that their dialogue is implying the world should be a certain way?

By passionately exclaiming the truth to someone supposedly not awakened, are they pushing an agenda that assumes all people 'should' seek the absolute truth? I acknowledge there is an obvious reason why an individual should pursue the absolute, as there is not other true satisfaction, but am wondering if the dialogue is flawed if it implies a wide demographic should act a certain way.

No, the problem is they oversimplify spirituality and try to teach it to people who clearly aren't qualified. Their teachings lack depth and breadth.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Mada_ said:

I acknowledge there is an obvious reason why an individual should pursue the absolute, as there is not other true satisfaction, ...

How can one pursue what one does not know? If "pursue" is replaced by "seek" the issue is the same. If someone seeks something he/she should be in a position to identify that something otherwise he/she will never know if what he/she has found/attained is that what has been sought.

In contrast to this issue if someone wants to get rid of something that something is known because it is present and can be known and one wants it to be absent. This seems to be a "better" or more reliable approach because if what is known and wanted to be absent is finally absent one can clearly know when the goal (its absence) is attained.

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.