SoonHei

Other Enlightened Members on the Forum?

34 posts in this topic

What is the difference between lack of trust and the doubt in one's own ability to judge? 

@Outer

Can you link a video/blog contrasting Gary's brain with an average Joe's brain?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

8 minutes ago, Outer said:

You're right. First you have to verify someone's enlightenment and thereby competence before you can listen to their teachings. 

That's not true. There's something valuable to learn even from a begger on the street.

It's much smarter approach to life when you don't care who's enlightened and who is. Just wanting to become free from suffering and looking for answers from everywhere is a smart way to be. Then even an ant can be your guru.

Whoever is of some help to you to grow - use them. Who cares if they're enlightened.

Edited by Salvijus

You cannot love what you need. 

Just now, Preetom said:

@Outer

Can you link a video/blog contrasting Gary's brain with an average Joe's brain?

"...
Like other scientists before him who’ve experienced similar transformations – the neuroscientist James Austin, the neuroanatomist Jill Bolte Taylor, to name two examples – Weber got interested in what was going on his brain. He connected with a neuroscientist at Yale University named Judson Brewer who was studying how the DMN changes in response to meditation. He found, as expected, that experienced meditators had lower DMN activation when meditating. But when Brewer put Weber in the scanner he found the opposite pattern: Weber’s baseline was already a relatively deactivated DMN. Trying to meditate – making any kind of deliberate effort – actually disrupted his peace. In other words, Weber’s normal state was a kind of meditative letting go, something Brewer had only seen a few times previously, and other researchers had until then only reported anecdotally.
..."
http://psychologytomorrowmagazine.com/jeff-warren-neuroscience-suffering-end/

3 minutes ago, Salvijus said:
8 minutes ago, Outer said:

You're right. First you have to verify someone's enlightenment and thereby competence before you can listen to their teachings.

That's not true. There's something valuable to learn even from a begger on the street.

It's much smarter approach to life when you don't care who's enlightened and who is. Just wanting to become free from suffering and looking for answers from everywhere is a smart way to be. Then even an ant can be your guru.

Whoever is of some help to you to grow. Use them. Who cares if they're enlightened.

I'll correct myself in saying "before you strive to become like they [the enlightened] are".

@Outer

Thank you. I love Gary and what he is doing. I feel that he genuinely wants to help people who are interested without his own agenda

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

22 minutes ago, Outer said:

I'll correct myself in saying "before you strive to become like they [the enlightened] are".

If you see some beautiful quality in a person. Like wow he's so loving, wow he's so joyful, so detached, so peaceful, all inclusive or whatever. And you want to inherit that quality. Then you ask them and follow their advise as to how do I become loving like you, joyful like you, detached, equanimous, all inclusive, whatever. Then anyways you don't need to know if he's enlightened. 

This knowledge if someone is enlightened doesn't bring you anything in the end.

Edited by Salvijus

You cannot love what you need. 

Enlightenment stereotypes be like...  Facepalm! Emptiness is neither humble nor not humble. Enjoy your life and drop this heavy stuff... This forum has become too heavy. There was a time where we shared love to each other - what is important. 

Mind over Matter, Awareness over Mind

To be Enlightened means to be yourself. I'm pretty sure everyone is themselves, no other option!!! Congrats!! 

Mind over Matter, Awareness over Mind

16 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Enlightenment stereotypes be like...  Facepalm! Emptiness is neither humble nor not humble. Enjoy your life and drop this heavy stuff... This forum has become too heavy. There was a time where we shared love to each other - what is important. 

Well as the consciousness from the people on this forum keeps growing as that is what this forum is about, the people who don't really want to grow further will be left behind. Love in the real word, this forum is for growing mentally. I can say sweet things to you, but they will not help you grow. I still love you though, now even more then ever, but I don't mention it anymore. Our love has grown beyond words.

Edited by Emanyalpsid

48 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

If you see some beautiful quality in a person. Like wow he's so loving, wow he's so joyful, so detached, so peaceful, all inclusive or whatever. And you want to inherit that quality. Then you ask them and follow their advise as to how do I become loving like you, joyful like you, detached, equanimous, all inclusive, whatever. Then anyways you don't need to know if he's enlightened. 

This knowledge if someone is enlightened doesn't bring you anything in the end.

So what should I look for if not enlightened if I want to become enlightened?

Edited by Outer

5 hours ago, Shiva said:

Whenever some says he is enlightened, you can be pretty sure that he is not.

An enlightened person has no need for confirmation from other people. 

At the same time he understands that whatever he says will inevitably be misinterpreted by everyone who is not enlightened.

So why should he tell you?

This is why it is so difficult to find a master or a guru.

Even if you find them, they won't just tell you the truth right away.

A good master will tell you exactly what you need to know at you specific level of consciousness, so you keep growing yourself and nothing more. Because he understands that truth can only be experienced and not communicated using language.

^ word

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@SoonHei What do you want to know? 

The path to reality is the escape of the fucked up 2 chakras and discovering the whole being. 

Edited by Hellspeed

... 7 rabbits will live forever.