winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Right, I know what you're saying, but the consciousness that you know as consciousness is only the reflection of the real consciousness. When that real consciousness is recognized, then the consciousness that you think you know right now -- it will become clear that it doesn't make sense to call it "your consciousness."

I say it's mine consciousness because I extend it to others and conclude the brain to be the mechanism of Atman. I don't doubt that you can reduce the brain activity of a person like with psychedelics for Brahman to be realized. If I ignore the brain science, my intelligence and just see you as an unconscious zombie, then there's no my consciousness. There's just Atman. But then there's no point of Atman, there's just Brahman. As Atman is about multiple atman's like the Buddha, Maharshi, you... he... she. Her.

It doesn't make sense to me that there isn't Atman. As one would have to be quite ignorant/skeptical  to ignore brain science and  the senses.

Also when Jesus was nailed to the cross you think he was suffering? No. He remained in total love and compassion to all the beings. When they were nailing him he was not a bit angry, frustrated, or any negative emotion.. He said I forgive.you all. And I love you all. 

That's why we hold him an awakened being. A devine being 

And it's not a yogic discipline it's what every authentic sage can do.

Edited by Salvijus

You cannot love what you need.

10 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Also when Jesus was nailed to the cross you think he was suffering? No. He remained in total love and compassion to all the beings. When they were nailing him he was not a bit angry, frustrated, or any negative emotion.. He said I forgive.you all. And I love you all.

That's true being. 

You're making assumptions, if it wasn't in your direct experience then a genuine answer would be you do not know.

Jesus probably was suffering pain, he probably was groaning and moaning, but he valued truth over his life.

Many people have sacraficed themselves in painful ways in the name of religion or their beliefs, people have even set themselves on fire and burned alive.

PS, apparently Jesus was very angry and whipped people out a of temple for gambling, etc, so I've heard ;)

Edited by alankrillin

29 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

That's why we hold him an awakened being. A devine being 

And it's not a yogic discipline it's what every authentic sage can do.

"And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"

Matthew 27:46

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

1 hour ago, winterknight said:

Because it didn't seem like a serious question... but ok, ask the question to which you truly want to know the answer.

The question I want to ask you is : "What question should I ask you?" 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@winterknight btw I love the fact that you're doing this. It's the kind of thing you can do as a joke. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

2 minutes ago, lmfao said:

The question I want to ask you is : "What question should I ask you?" 

That depends entirely on what you want to know apart from "what question should I ask you?" 

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

@winterknight @winterknight

12 minutes ago, winterknight said:

That depends entirely on what you want to know apart from "what question should I ask you?" 

Is what I want to know the same as what I should know? 

4 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@winterknight Have psychedelics been part of your spiritual path?

That's an interesting question. Yes and no. I certainly have had some powerful and memorable psychedelic experiences which I would call spiritual. But ultimately these experiences are just experiences, adjuncts. They are magical and cool side roads, and shed insight on certain questions.

But they do not form part of my core path.

@Serotoninluv

I have a question for you.

When a character in a movie takes a psychedelic, and the movie starts to portray visions, weird abstract patterns, and all sorts of experiences and whacky stuff, does it effect the actual screen?

Or is the screen beyond the it.

Is it not just more delusion and maya on the screen?

@alankrillin Rupert Spira uses screen analogies a lot, so I am influenced by that. The idea is that the pixels and screen are one. The pixels modulate and create images that misinterpreted as real. Awakening is the realization of the screen.

1 minute ago, winterknight said:

Yes. But possibly not in the way that you think you are.

??