lmfao

Existence might be effortless.

7 posts in this topic

I've been having this thought for a while now. If you are ever meditating or are otherwise doing any sort of consciousness work, try to feel deep into the present moment. Whilst I will probably not do an ideal job of articulating "truths" that I feel I've experienced, I will try anyway. 

All of reality is just raw experience/consciousness. The entirety of reality in the present moment has no cause. Now is forever, and you are always in the present moment. At any point during your existence as a conscious being, you exist in a situation which has no cause. The existence of a cause requires a past but the past doesn't exist in your present moment existence. There are all these thoughts, sounds, sights, bodily pressures in your consciousness which are in this uncaused, completely spontaneous present moment. 

Reality is in a situation which you literally did nothing to achieve. This is true for all waking moments of your life, and the higher the degree to which your awareness "can see this truth" the higher the degree to which life feels effortless. I believe that this truth I am pointing is formulated within the concept of "Wu Wei", as I understand that particular concept. 

I feel the need to type this out after finishing my SDS session. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@lmfao

You've landed on a powerful insight. All of experience is just an appearance of Consciousness/Absolute.

It is all effortless and causeless precisely because it's all an appearance. There is no ultimate engine driving it. Here are some ideas that came up while reading your post.

You might see a scene of galactic explosion, a play of innumerable energy on TV screen. But on TV screen it's only an appearance and there is no energy involved.

In appearance, there seems to be a linear time stretched in infinity but in experience it's always 'now'.

In appearance, there seems to be infinite space in universe but in experience it's always 'here'

In appearance it seems that everything is governed by causality, but in experience it's all ever anew.

The more you poke 'reality', the more of a dream it presents itself as...causeless, flimsy appearance with absolutely nothing as it's substance :ph34r:

Reality only looks like a 'thing' from the point of view of an individual subject/perceiver.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom ninja emoji indeed my friend. I liked your "in appearence" and "in experience" examples. 

When thinking further about the foundations of reality, things become incommunicable and language no longer feels like a suitable medium for assessing "truth". 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

34 minutes ago, lmfao said:

@Preetom

When thinking further about the foundations of reality, things become incommunicable and language no longer feels like a suitable medium for assessing "truth". 

It's because language itself is found to be groundless and part of the appearance if it is poked enough times haha...

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom my thoughts exactly!! Good shit bro. 

Very nice.

You see, the reason you want to be better, is the reason why you aren’t. Shall I put it like that?

We aren't better, because we want to be.

~ Alan Watts