Lorcan

A "self-actualized" Society.

27 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Socrates said:
36 minutes ago, Neill said:

They are nothing more than outputs of the programming of our biological brain. They can be produced from non-biological entities just as well.

Do you know that for sure?

Thinking that only biology can create consciousness is as far fetched and unsupported a claim as the existence of the christian god, for example.

We can't ever prove it's a false claim. But really believing it's a true claim is totally absurd and random.

In this example, Neill would be analogous to an atheist, if you will.

This biologically created brain will create a "self actualization forum" to know who created it.

And will torture you to know who created you.

The scenario will not change.

@likhil

16 minutes ago, likhil said:

This biologically created brain will create a "self actualization forum" to know who created it.

And will torture you to know who created you.

Like if we find God. We'll just torture him to know who created him :D

8 minutes ago, Philip said:

Dont @likhil

Like if we find God. We'll just torture him to know who created him :D

I don't know GOD. In Vedas we say "tat tvam asi" you are your god.

but you will be the god for that brain.

So better prepare yourself.

@likhil

34 minutes ago, likhil said:

I don't know GOD. In Vedas we say "tat tvam asi" you are your god.

And my utopia is all about becoming a god. And this kind of enlightenment can come not only from regular spiritual work, but also from brain implants or nano-robots.

43 minutes ago, likhil said:

So better prepare yourself

Yes and the news should be talking about this more often than climate change. Because it's a bigger and closer threat to our species.

@Lorcan did you check out the Venus Project yet? They just released a new video for 2016 " the choice is ours", and it's super RAD! I think your idea to design a society yourself is really cool (there is a chance that you'd come up with some amazing revolutionary ideas).

That said, if you can put your ego aside and hear me out for a moment... Jacques Fresco has this new society thing "handled" as Leo would say. Since childhood, he has dedicated his life to this, he has studied every necessary field, including our personal development! Would you consider other revolutionary ways you could help bring the Venus project into fruition. I am not suggesting you give up your life purpose and serve another's. Just consider tying your purpose in with his, he has already done all the work necessary to create this ideal society.... we just need the mentality of the people to change... maybe you could get through to them?

Jacque frescos idea still needs work, I checked the venus project out, Im not entirely sure of its legitemency.