Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SoonHei

Mind is SUBTITLES of the Absolute/SELF

8 posts in this topic

The mind of each of us is 100% reflective of our current level of self and what it is attached to and feels.

The absolute/SELF   itself does not talk or say anything of course. However, the thoughts which appear in the mind reflect the level of awareness for that "person/body"

I understand what it is meant by "ego perpetuates itself" and does not allow or give room for that freedom.

the SELF is contracted and thinks it's the body/mind/ego and when the question "who Am I?" is asked... to this confused SELF, it thinks it is asking that question.

all there is to the question "who Am I?" is the question/words itself. there is no ask-er of the question. it just appears...

the difference between an enlightened being is that because they are speaking from that place of watching / nothingness, the thoughts which appear for them are not egoistic as they are in every moment aware that THEY are the nothingness out of which that expression is emerging. it's almost like no dialogue is happening but subtitles appear in the form of mind/talk to others to reflect this state.

this is a very subtle and simple point and it sucks to know that so many people will not be able to get across this hurdle and as a result may remain seeking for years on end.

p.s. i haven't written it with all the proper non-dual terms as I should... and I can see more and more now why it is said that it cannot be talked about...

because the best way to talk about it is this "                        " 

:') 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

45 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

all there is to the question "who Am I?" is the question/words itself. there is no ask-er of the question. it just appears...

I'm not arguing, but perhaps opening a discussion will clarify some things for me... if there was no asker, why would the question of "who am I" appear at all?  If there were no asker, then who cares about "who am I?" 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

No very true. The mind is the opposite as the absolute when we are talking about a dormant human. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@seeking_brilliance its all relative...

From the point of view of the Truth:

All is meaningless, all just occurs

From the point of view of the ego:

The ego is asking the question... Who am I?

Ego is an apparent identity which is created... But again, relatively speaking, ego seeimgly asks the question

But in truth. Nobody asks the question.

Kinda confusing. I hope I have it pinned down myself lol.

Love Is The Answer

@SoonHei yeah, it's confusing. But as I've seen you write a few times: it can't really be explained.  That's too bad because this ego wants it goddamn explained!! 

Anyway, I still struggle with how thoughts work, and where they arise from. It's so easy to say they are "my" thoughts. But then I hear that they aren't really my thoughts, thoughts just arise. Well, ok, then why does @seeking_brilliance seem to have different thoughts from @SoonHei ?  And perhaps they aren't really different, but shaded differently depending on our separate experiences. But that can only be said about some of them. Surely there are thoughts that "I" have that "you" don't have.  So how are we not the thinkers? 

@seeking_brilliance i have only indirectly understood the "can't really be explained or put into words"  via metaphors.

for example, in any movie or video game, the character that is being played isn't real. there is an actor playing the character...

for example, Tom Cruise playing Ethan Hunt... It's like Ethan Hunt wanting to know or see how he does not exist... Ethan Hunt does not have any existence outside of the play/story of Mission Impossible... 

Ethan Hunt (ego) is wanting to know or find out that he is portrayed by Tom Cruise... do you kinda see why/how that works?

The moment Ethan Hunt finds out he's a portrayal... he seizes to exist... you see? because Tom Cruise is the TRUTH. only he exists... he can take on many characters Hunt, Maverick etc... 

about where and how thoughts work and how they arise from... i am just gonna tell you what i have been told/read ... they arise out of nothingness

they simple appear. it all happens in an apparent orderly manner which is sequential... but it's really just that... an apparent order.

lastly... why does @seeking_brilliance have different thoughts from @SoonHei 

i guess you can also ask why is @seeking_brilliance  seeing something and @SoonHei seeing something else 

or hearing, or smelling etc 

thoughts are exactly identical fundamentally to sights, sounds, taste, smell etc

you dont control how or what you see, hear, taste, smell... same thing with thoughts

and most of all. if you say, well, it seems like i control it... that's just it. it is an apparent control. you cannot argue that it seems like it, because that's the whole point of the illusion. it works like its real when it isn't you gotta shift your perception just like you do with any visual optical illusion

Love Is The Answer

@SoonHei thank you for that reply, you've given me some good stuff to contemplate :)

I wish you would start a journal and dig into some concepts. It would be a fun read.