SoonHei

Issue/challenge when quieting the mind

28 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

100% wrong. The more conscious you are, the more you feel blissful with life

"conscious" meaning connected? I find this to be the case, blissful/open/loving

@How to be wise

I think he was pointing to the illusion that self so impulsively moves towards. There is true happiness/“bliss” when living a whole/undivided life. The point is self and it’s conditioned movement will associate “progress” as leading to ecstasy. This is psychological time at work and only as I said before sustains the false division of self/conflict. 

Edited by Jack River

12 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

100% wrong. The more conscious you are, the more you feel blissful with life. This is so obvious! I can’t believe that you don’t know that yet.

In Vedanta, they associate “The absolute” with three terms: Sat Chit Ananda, which means Truth, Consciousness, Bliss. 

Do more study please! Awakening clearly has a preference to bliss. Unconsciousness prefers terror.

Ruh-roh. . . o.O

You can progress deeper while holding this belief, yet you will reach a point where you will need to let go of it to continue progressing deeper. There will come a time when you will need to place Truth higher than security and comfort to continue. . . 

@Jack River “Psychological time”. You remind me of Faceless. 

@Serotoninluv Security and comfort for the ego is different from bliss. Bliss is what you feel when your identity expand outside the body to include everything. It can also be called unconditional love. It feels very peaceful!

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

7 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

@Jack River “Psychological time”. You remind me of Faceless. 

@Serotoninluv Security and comfort for the ego is different from bliss. Bliss is what you feel when your identity expand outside the body to include everything. It can also be called unconditional love. It feels very peaceful!

Cool ?. That’s a compliment:D

no but seriously brah that is what @Serotoninluvis talking about. This being influenced by selfs need for psychological security/comfort which corrupts action to find truth. He is just sharing the reality of how ego/thought always seeks security and as a result walks into various traps and illusions. Serotoninluv has actually stated something important. The question is can you have the humility to consider this type of wisdom. It’s up to you brah?

Edited by Jack River

12 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

If you dig deep enough down the rabbit hole, you will come to a point where you must surrender *all* control. You will not know what lies behind the door. To come to know absolute unconditional love, you must be willing to come to know absolute terror. You will not have the option to choose. Very very few seekers will continue past this point. To become everything, one must become everything - including love and terror. 

If one only embraces the feel good side of spirituality, they will not come to know deeper levels. 

gonna step in-between you big guns here and ask my little question aside...

@Serotoninluv

Very very few seekers will continue past this point. To become everything, one must become everything - including love and terror. 

those very few seekers you speak of, they are the enlightened among us right? like sadhguru, mooji, osho etc.. ?

or are they also not fully there you mean? as you said some high spiritual masters get caught in this trap to an extent. There are spiritual masters that believe in spiritual ideas and concepts.

is this what you meant? 

and if so, then any examples/names come to mind about who has done that? david hawkins? eckhart tolle? jesus? Mohammed? 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

49 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

gonna step in-between you big guns here and ask my little question aside...

@Serotoninluv

Very very few seekers will continue past this point. To become everything, one must become everything - including love and terror. 

those very few seekers you speak of, they are the enlightened among us right? like sadhguru, mooji, osho etc.. ?

or are they also not fully there you mean? as you said some high spiritual masters get caught in this trap to an extent. There are spiritual masters that believe in spiritual ideas and concepts.

is this what you meant? 

and if so, then any examples/names come to mind about who has done that? david hawkins? eckhart tolle? jesus? Mohammed? 

Think about it. . . transcending everything into the absolute, means transcending *everything*. Embodying concepts/emotions like love, peace, compassion, serenity, joy etc. is great stuff - but it's not everything. If one stays within that secure/comfort zone, they haven't transcended it all - including terror, anxiety, panic, anger, insecurity, insanity etc. In the deeper levels, the distinctions dissolve. Terror is Love. Love is Terror. 

Very few spiritual teachers speak of this - it is very unpalatable to the self. It freaks the self out. The self will avoid it at any cost. Imagine a spiritual retreat that advertises: "On this retreat, you will gain direct experience with insecurity, insanity and terror so intense that you will die". It's not a good business model.

I have no idea where teachers such as sadhguru, mooji, osho etc. are with this. They obviously tone down their rhetoric to connect to an audience seeking relief from their self. If I had a direct conversation with them, I would know within minutes. It is totally obvious when someone has ventured into this zone. The few teachers willing to discuss it often end up with arrows in their back. . . 

The Truth is both beautiful and brutal to the self.