Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Equanimitize

Spiral Dynamics (Worldview) Questionnaire Test

7 posts in this topic

Here is a simple worldview questionnaire. It may help you figure out where you are on the Spiral. 

I am not sure how accurate it is I am heavy Orange at this point in my life. This is what I scored on it:

Worldview you identify with most: Integrative (10)

Worldview you identify with least: Traditional (-9)

https://www.culturalevolution.org/worldview-questionnaire/

6 hours ago, Equanimitize said:

Here is a simple worldview questionnaire. It may help you figure out where you are on the Spiral. 

I am not sure how accurate it is I am heavy Orange at this point in my life. This is what I scored on it:

Worldview you identify with most: Integrative (10)

Worldview you identify with least: Traditional (-9)

https://www.culturalevolution.org/worldview-questionnaire/

The idea of it is great, BUT the questionnaire has to be really tricky (questions with both a superficial and much a much deeper meaning to them) in order to be successful, otherwise people just select what they know is right but something they don't really actualize. 

Read some basic human psychology. 

Edited by 111111

43 minutes ago, 111111 said:

The idea of it is great, BUT the questionnaire has to be really tricky (questions with both a superficial and much a much deeper meaning to them) in order to be successful, otherwise people just select what they know is right but something they don't really actualize. 

Read some basic human psychology. 

I agree. I can always outsmart these types of questionaires. I feel like I have a lot of stage yellow values, but realistically I’m probably some kind of orange. 

Screenshot_20181104-094010.png@Equanimitize the problem I had was that the questions didn't allow you to rank preferences for all 4 items in the question, it only allowed you to do it for 2 items. There's always a discrepancy between what we think is the ideal/correct way to be living and how we actually live. 

The world view that my entire psyche (subconscious + conscious) most identifies with is probably "modern", followed by postmodern or integrative. The test doesn't tell you your scores for the other two world views. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@Roch @111111 Indeed, this was my experience as well. 

I suppose it can at least show you were it is that you are going, what worlviews you will inevitably embody. 

@lmfao right on, it’s definitely not perfect. 

If you were at stage Blue or Orange, for example, you would not pick higher stage values because you know they are "right" because the whole point of being at a stage is that you think that stage is right.

A Blue person will resonate with traditional values no matter how much you tell him that dogma, conformity, ideology, and ethnocentrism are not "right". That's what it means to be at Blue.

And likewise for the other stages.

You can't really fake your stage. Whatever you resonate with or gravitate towards genuinely is what defines your stage. If you genuinely gravitate towards integrating many perspectives from across the world then that by definition makes you as least Greenish, if not Yellowish.

Of course you probably still have lots of work to do to fully exhaust and transcend Orange. There is a big difference between dabbling in a stage vs fully mastering and realizing a stage's limitations. A lot of people can dabble in Green & Yellow without having fully exhausted Orange.

Whatever stage you are at, you also have 25% of the stage below it, and 25% of the stage above it.

So if you feel you are Orange, you probably have 25% Blue and 25% Green. That's what being Orange really means. It does not mean you are 100% Orange but only 50% Orange. Likewise, the typical Green person has 25% Orange and 25% Yellow. And so on. Almost no body is solidly one color. Don't expect people or collectives to be 100% anything.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Shiva also i can add that i have some orange shadow in me, so i tend to say no to some orange stuff in the questionairre