kieranperez

Greek Gods & Nonduality?

8 posts in this topic

Were the Greek gods just a concept or metaphor to allude to the divinity of all things much like in Hinduism and all their different gods? We know looking back that there are enlightened people from that time such as Heraclitus also with the Eleusinian Mysteries. 

Interesting way to see it. Given the use of psychedelics in many cultures it seems that nonduality is everywhere just being expressed in different ways, but viewing a nondual perspective from a dual perspective is like looking at one sided glass from the blind side. And so modern society can tend to screw up many interpretations. 

Given that hermetic philosophy was also around in Greece it would make sense for the Greek Gods to be personification for your usual people to relate to.

6 hours ago, kieranperez said:

Were the Greek gods just a concept or metaphor to allude to the divinity of all things much like in Hinduism and all their different gods? We know looking back that there are enlightened people from that time such as Heraclitus also with the Eleusinian Mysteries. 

Many gods and all is god within nonduality dont conflict.  They only appear to too you.

Just now, Mu_ said:

Many gods and all is god within nonduality dont conflict.  They only appear to too you.

I’m not talking about me. I’m talking about from that time in history, if that was the message they who came up with this theosophy. 

I like understanding and learning about different spiritual cultures and traditions of history. 

Ancient Greece had no philosophy like non-dualism. But they had monistic philosophies:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monism#Monistic_philosophers

The polytheistic approach of the greek pantheon is not based on a particular philosophic school, but on the richness of the topography of the mediterranean sea and its countries surrounding it. Many lakes, rivers, seas, islands, forests, mountains, natural phenomena like rain and storm and so on. So every aspect of live which is not immediately explainable was a god.

That's actually the reason why monotheistic religions like judaism, christianity and islam originated in desert lands.

Hinduism is hardly a religion. Every imaginable school of thoughts is debated in it, so there is no definitive worldview to hold on to. Thats why there are so many gods.

Edited by Sockrattes

You can basically think of the Greek gods as the Hindu gods.

Shiva = Zeus = God

That's the big nondual daddy. The godhead.

And then you got all kinds of other lesser gods.

There's really no contradiction.

Psychedelics actually also parallel this structure.

5-MeO = Zeus

Mushrooms, AL-LAD, DMT, etc. are the lesser gods.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 hours ago, Outer said:

STORY, Story, story.

What a pathetic response. 

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You can basically think of the Greek gods as the Hindu gods.

Shiva = Zeus = God

That's the big nondual daddy. The godhead.

And then you got all kinds of other lesser gods.

There's really no contradiction.

Psychedelics actually also parallel this structure.

5-MeO = Zeus

Mushrooms, AL-LAD, DMT, etc. are the lesser gods.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking.

What god would Salvia be though? :P 

Edited by kieranperez