Roch

Does this mean I’m falling asleep during guided meditation?

6 posts in this topic

So I’ve been getting into guided meditation lately. Sometimes when I’m doing guided meditation I kind of blank out on some portions of it. It doesn’t feel like sleep. I also notice time feels distorted. Like sometimes some sections seem longer than I remember. Is this getting into a deeper state or just sleeping?

I'd say it could be either. I've had to "test" that sort of thing before with myself. Sometimes when I feel that way, I will just sit there and notice the feeling. Staying with it lets you analyze it as it evolves. If, after a minute or two of watching it, I find myself slipping away, then I know it was just sleep that I was initially feeling. If I'm still alert and experiencing it after a minute or two, I know it's a deeper consciousness state. The trick of course is to not snap out of it by intending to observe it closely. 

With time, I'll learn to intuitively know which one it is without having to actively examine it. 

1 hour ago, PsiloPutty said:

I'd say it could be either. I've had to "test" that sort of thing before with myself. Sometimes when I feel that way, I will just sit there and notice the feeling. Staying with it lets you analyze it as it evolves. If, after a minute or two of watching it, I find myself slipping away, then I know it was just sleep that I was initially feeling. If I'm still alert and experiencing it after a minute or two, I know it's a deeper consciousness state. The trick of course is to not snap out of it by intending to observe it closely. 

With time, I'll learn to intuitively know which one it is without having to actively examine it. 

I wouldn’t know this is happening if I haven’t memorized the meditation. It just felt like regular meditation with some time distortion. 

I get what you're saying. It sounds like sleep creeping in, but might be something deeper. Sounds like you're losing your alertness somewhere along the way in these meditations.

Is the connection with that human being who is guiding you, and that connection is Tantra. So, in reality, you connect very intimately with whom you listen too in such a manner.

Why you fall asleep? Because that human being has discovered more of the rabbit hole than you have.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

I've experienced these kind of states before and its really interesting.

Meditation aside ill watch Leo late in the night then sleep creeps in but whats interesting is you can enter this half awake half asleep state. I've actually been able to dream in this state while being able to wake back up if I chose to.