Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kieranperez

Wicked Insight on Truth in Society

7 posts in this topic

I’ve been noticing that whenever I argue, see people down the street yelling at each other, see a viral video that’s about people getting into each other’s face or fighting, even looking at ESPN where you have people debating about sports teams and athletes and stuff - all human interspersonal problems and I may even go as far as to say all human interaction (but I want to investigate further before I make such a claim), is in some way shape or form seem to be about truth. 

I’m not saying that people are consciously pursuing the “real truth”. I’m pointing out that whenever you look at people arguing, “the truth” is really the real topic of the matter. 

Whether you’re talking about the weather, talking about all the problems in the world, spirituality, whose the best basketball player of all time (Michael Jordan...), etc.

@kieranperez It seems like "truth" in this context is really opinions, beliefs, preferences and seeking security. There is a much deeper Truth.

More like avoidance of the truth, or self-deception.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Serotoninluv

It's more like everyone wants to assert their positions in almost every movement they make, right?

What are they trying to assert? What is really on the line? 

Most communications and interpersonal transactions seem like something like life itself or existence is on the line

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

35 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

More like avoidance of the truth, or self-deception.

Yeah I’m just more talking about all these conversations/interactions are based around claims about truth. Obviously it’s all mostly bullshit and self deception but still interesting what those conversations are really about. 

@kieranperez Yes, because the greatest danger to the devil's existence is truth. So spinning falsehood becomes the devil's #1 priority.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 10/30/2018 at 10:26 PM, Leo Gura said:

@kieranperez Yes, because the greatest danger to the devil's existence is truth. So spinning falsehood becomes the devil's #1 priority.

The heron comes out of the forest and returns home with gold and it’s turned to ashes.