Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wisebaxter

Kundalini Yoga and Meditation

19 posts in this topic

I've been enjoying a 'do nothing' meditation habit for a couple of months but now I hear of this form of yoga which can awaken the chakras and lead to enlightenment. My question is, is it worthwhile throwing a bit of kundalini yoga in to the mix for good measure, to help me along the path faster perhaps? Or will meditation do the trick anyway and open up the chakras, allowing this energy to flow? I guess the main point of my question is, do they do the same thing? I've heard that the energy that kundalini unlocks can lead to physical and mental issues if not handled properly, so that scares me a bit, but then again some of the same symptoms have been reported from doing meditation. Shinzen young talks about meditation causing Kriyas and how people can have spasms and shit. Does this mean that meditation and kundalini yoga are both unlocking this energy? But what about this kundalini syndrome which can effect people adversely for years? I haven't heard of meditation having those kind of adverse effects. To summarise, questions are:

1) Do Meditation and Kundalini yoga achieve the same result?

2) Is it safer to stick with meditation or will I have to go through some crazy shit at some point with this practice anyway?

3) Is it a good idea to do them both together for maximum spiritual gainz? 

4) Which approach is this least likely to land me in a padded cell frothing at the mouth? This shit's supposed to be make me happier ultimately, after all

If anyone can answer any all of these questions that would be great

@Wisebaxter I'm going through kundalini awakening at the moment, from I've gathered so far if you let the energy flow once it does happen you will be fine, the people that get very scared of the energy wind up getting fucked up, I didn't know anything about kundalini awakenings, all I knew about was enlightenment. Then while doing an sds sit/ self inquiry session my fucking crown shakra opened up & energy staring pouring out of my damn head, it was blissful/ scary. Now I'm dealing with my third eye pulsating & spinning sensations while I meditate, but when this shit happens I just try to relax, the energy knows what it is doing, it's basically a cleanse or purging on energy & neurosis. Good luck my friend, anything worth while is worth the risk to me, "I" have an extreme case of anxiety/ mental OCD that "l" would like to exterminate & from what "I" can find this shit is the only solution, again good luck. 

Breath will lead you to Kundalini, so yes. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@Tony 845 That's really helpful stuff Tony, thank you. Congratulations on experiencing this awakening and hats off to you for keeping calm and having faith that the energy knows what to do. I guess it all comes down to the spiritual idea of surrender again, which seems pivotal to progress and a fundamental part of what spirituality is about. It must be challenging though when you already suffer from anxiety. I get bad anxiety too so I think I'll have a similar experience. With your sage advice I will plough ahead though and get more serious about self enquiry too as right now I'm just focusing on meditation. Bring on the coiled serpent! 

Edited by Wisebaxter

@Wisebaxter I try to break shit down in laymens terms, all these people go off on tangents & don't make any Fucking sense, I've had to piece all this shit together myself with guys like, Leo, adyashanti, shinzen young, robert Paulson, Echart, sadguru, Buddha & other mystic & sages, I really wish they would have spoken more about kundalini prior to enlightenment more, they all seem to leave that part the out?‍♂️ The energy is crazy & something that I've never experienced before, just remember to surrender to it & you should be fine, don't think yourself into a hole about it, it's smarter than you're ego.  Kundalini awakening is a great step, congratulate me when the full Blown Enlightenment happens, good luck my friend, IMO Leo/adyashanti are the best speakers on all this shit, keep watcrhing their stuff. ?? having such an extreme case of OCD actually made the Kindalini thing easier cause it's harder to shock me with shit now, that's where people suffer more in all cases, they fight the thoughts or feelings & it amplifies everything ten fold. During my 1st kundalini awakening (when the light shot out of head) I was in pain cause I was 2 hours into a sds sit & then I decided to surrender to the pain & Boom! Kundalini awoke! 

Edited by Tony 845
Grammar

@Tony 845 if you'd have known about Kundalini energy do you think you could have prepared for it more? Leo has a book on his booklist which he says can help you to be safe. I'm probably going to get it. 

Another question is, what exactly were you asking or investigating during self enquiry when your crown chakra got blasted open? I know it's not like like I'm gonna emulate it and get the same result, but I'm still curious. 

Have you felt much different in general? Aside from the physical sensations? Do you feel more awakened, or conscious or whatever?

Your advice has been invaluable as now I know to just surrender if it happens. I listen to a lot of Adyashanti's stuff. I've heard him mention these intense energy flows but quiet sparingly. I'll have to delve deeper. Leo also has a book about the dangers of meditation but it's like £20 on Amazon or something crazy.

if my kundalini energy starts gushing forth you'll be the first person I come to for counselling lol. Please keep me posted on any further developments   

Edited by Wisebaxter

@Wisebaxter

after the kundalini awakening some things that feel different.

-much less anxiety

-sometimes I can't sleep, tingling sensations all over my body( for like 2 months this happend) it was energy but not anxiety, (very weird) 

-pulsating (3rd eye really opened up)

-spinning sensation during any kind of medition

-not wanting to eat meat anymore

-not wanting to hurt anything not even a tiny insect anymore 

-really starting to understand there is no "I" in a deeper sense

-much calmer

- Weird dreams (it unearths old memories) /Nightmares 

-I'm noticing how much everyone  uses the word "i" & they don't even know where this "I" is, it's kinda mind blwoing how many people run on ego

-much easier to stay present but still not "enlightened" conscious.

-i probably wouldn't have prepared any different but I would have been nice going into it, cause it would have been less shocking.

-normal inquiry questions that I ask my self like who am I? Who's aware that I'm aware? Where is this "I" within me?  Shit like this, but my awakening came after surrendering the pain of the strong determination sit after over 2 hours of not moving, so really the sds sit brought forth my kundalini awakening, I probably have done about 40 of them.

-any time you have questions shoot me a message, but I don't know everything? Cause I'm not full blown enlightened.

-I knew so little about kundalini awakenings I actually thought I was enlightened while the energy was pouring out of my head ? So I just got up then the ego came back??‍♂️

???

Edited by Tony 845
Grammar

@Tony 845 @Tony 845 @Tony 845ah845 ah sds means strong determination sit. I wandered about that. I did my first 2 hour one the other day and I ached all over. I'll try and do more of those then. 

It's interesting because I've had trouble sleeping over the past month and have had really weird dreams along with some anxiety. It's coincided with starting meditating and sometimes whilst doing it I feel a warmth in my body. But then again I have given up a major weed habit recently so all these symptoms are in line with that also. 

The positives of your experience sound really worthwhile, although I hope the dizziness and the issues with sleep subside soon. It's like Leo said on another thread though, spirituality isn't for pussies lol, in his usual eloquent way of putting things. When the kundalini comes knocking, you just have to let that shit do its thing and not start panicking like a bitch hehe. Glad I know that now. 

Dude it definately sounds like your conscousness level has been raised, so yeah maybe you're not enlightened but this is a big step you've taken and now you've got tangible proof that this stuff is legit. It's funny, up until recently I was still skeptical that all this chakra stuff was real as I come from the scientific paradigm a bit like Dr Strange lol, but after hearing all this stuff, first hand accounts of energy pouring out of people's heads, I'm like woah, this stuff is REAL. Now I'm gonna go balls to the wall hippie mode, reiki, aromatherapy, tarot. I honestly do feel like Dr Strange when he first goes on that trippy voyage though parallel universes, and I've only just started! Do you take psychedelics at all? 

Edited by Wisebaxter

11 hours ago, Tony 845 said:

@Wisebaxter

-I knew so little about kundalini awakenings I actually thought I was enlightened while the energy was pouring out of my head ? So I just got up then the ego came back??‍♂️

???

Haha :D honestly tho, based on what I've read it wasn't a kundalini probably. It's just that you've activated your life energies to a different level. If you learn to control this energy you can do many things. Like Reiki, healing, all kinds of stuff that you see on Naruto, you can walk in a blizzard naked:D You can balance your energies, you can strenghten your energies, you can enhance your energies, you can transform them. Many many things.

Congratz on activating your energies tho ;)

According to sadhguru's definition of kundalini if the real kundalini opened up it would rip you to piecies from inside :D

Edited by Salvijus

You cannot love what you need.

@Salvijus lol, walk naked in a blizzard? That sounds strangely arousing. I'm doubling my efforts now. 

Is Sadhguru not referring to a situation where all of your kundalini activates at once? Or is anyone talking about awakening their kundalini energies confused? I mean there are whole books written on the subject of Kundalini awakenings. Sadhguru's a very reliable source though of course 

Edited by Wisebaxter

18 minutes ago, Wisebaxter said:

@Salvijus lol, walk naked in a blizzard? That sounds strangely arousing. I'm doubling my efforts now. 

:D:D:D

19 minutes ago, Wisebaxter said:

@Salvijus

Is Sadhguru not referring to a situation where all of your kundalini activates at once? Or is anyone talking about awakening their kundalini energies confused? I mean there are whole books written on the subject of Kundalini awakenings. Sadhguru's a very reliable source though of course 

I'm confused myself about this topic :D Only thing I know is that it's not needed for enlightenment. It's enough for me :D

You cannot love what you need.

@Wisebaxter  I've never taken any phycodelics, the minute that shit starting shooting out of my head is the minute I stoped questioning is enlightenment is real. + I figured they have been thousands of people who have become enlightened without them.

Edited by Tony 845
Adding on

@Salvijus I'm 100% sure what I'm going through is kundalini awakening. The mintute you have energy shooting out of you damn head you won't question it  either. I have also shaken uncontrollably during mediation, eyes have twitched & I also spin counter clockwise as well, I've looked into it heavily it's Kindalini.

Edited by Tony 845
Grammar

@Wisebaxter  mediation causes weird dreams & nightmares as well, you're purging shit on a micro level, the ego is holiding on for dear life.

@Salvijus kundalini can open up slowly as well, you don't want the whole shabang all at once it (probably better off with baby steps) 

7 hours ago, Tony 845 said:

@Wisebaxter  mediation causes weird dreams & nightmares as well, you're purging shit on a micro level, the ego is holiding on for dear life.

What a lovely idea. I sure hope so. It would help me deal with the nightmares too as they'd be easier to explain. I also woke up the other day not knowing where the hell I was or who I was and had this sense that I was experiencing non-duality or some form of awakening/altered state. It felt very scary and disorienting. Slowly I came back into a normal state of mind. I may have just been half asleep and my mind was screwing with me though lol. What the hell I'll tell myself I was awakening life energies though and it will inspire me to continue :D

Edited by Wisebaxter

7 hours ago, Tony 845 said:

@Wisebaxter  I've never taken any phycodelics, the minute that shit starting shooting out of my head is the minute I stoped questioning is enlightenment is real. + I figured they have been thousands of people who have become enlightened without them.

Oh yeah, sounds like you're doing just find without using substances. Very excited for you man

@Wisebaxter  also throw science & philosophy out the window on all this shit, science can't seem to prove it & if you are philosophizing you lost it & you aren't in the right track, I swear on my kids all this shit happens to me on a daily basis. A year or so ago I would have said all this shit is bull shit. Huh boy was "I" wrong.