Tony 845

Is not eating Meat crucial for Enlightenment?

59 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

@Shin isnt it a theory?@Outer I've never physically seen evolution, have you?

What is a theory ?

AI ?

Maybe for now, but that's besides the point.

If AI were a thing, could we hurt them just because they aren't human ?

It's the same root cause, we can't know for sure if anything we destroy feels anything, even if it doesn't looks like it.

We can't feel for anything else than ourselves, and no matter the studies we do, it's still just a bunch of beliefs.

The only way to truly know would be to be the thing itself.

I even try not to «harm» inanimate objects now lol

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin Probably not.

12 minutes ago, Shin said:

We can't feel for anything else than ourselves

Do you truly believe this? 

13 minutes ago, Shin said:

I even try not to «harm» inanimate objects now

I don't understand. Aren't you still consuming animal products? 

5 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

@Shin Probably not.

Do you truly believe this? 

I don't understand. Aren't you still consuming animal products? 

Unless you're some mystical dude who can feel the pain and suffering of some other being directly,

Not just as mental projection in your mind, then imo you can't.

Already answered you three times about that Charlotte.

God is love

And God in them

You will naturally attract the nourishment that resonates most with your vibrational frequency.

B R E A T H E

Do you actually realize there is no vegetarian/vegan burger in a McDonald/Burger King ?

It's kind of crazy if you think about it, so much loss in revenue (ok maybe not so much ?) !

God is love

And God in them

@Joseph Maynor @Outer @Shin @Charlotte  @eleveneleven @lmfao There's nothing wrong with eating meat. Eating meat doesn't make you less aware or less enlightened in any way. Human beings are omnivores, meaning they are able to eat meat in order to get sufficient energy/nutrition. With that being said, the wise option for the survival of human beings would be to embrace the option of eating meat, hopefully in a way where the animals don't suffer at all.

And yes, slaughtering trees is a fucking disgusting thing to do, but it's a lot worse to slaughter animals such as pigs because pigs have more consciousness than trees. This is really a no-brainer. Pigs can feel it a lot more, so it is a lot worse.

Finally, meat doesn't make you less enlightened. Any human who claims that is either lying or deluding themself in some way. It's pretty much always the person's mindset about meat that causes it to mess up their spirituality. Unless you eat too much of it or you eat low quality meat, meat is fine for a human being.

We can eat meat, but more importantly we have to come together and end all slaughtering of living beings. It's not right!

Edited by Robert

The man who changes the world is the man who changes himself.

28 minutes ago, Outer said:

"Slaughtering trees"

Trees are living beings. ?

You could stop eating meat to experience the difference in mental clarity and energy.

You could take Reiki classes to see that anyone can feel anyone else’s energy, be it pain & suffering or joy.

You could take psychedelics and see that plants & trees are sentient. 

Direct experience is also more fun.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Outer how do you know they are not sentient? it is also not about morals. it is about respect.

well maybe respect is morality.

how long does it take until a tree notices you?

Edited by now is forever

11 hours ago, Outer said:

They are living, but they are not sentient.

Do you have proof of this or are you just making a hasty assumption?

11 hours ago, Outer said:

Do you think humans have moral value?

What do you mean "moral value?"

45 minutes ago, Outer said:

I have proof that animals are sentient due to the fact of the brain and nervous system, the burden is on you to prove that plants are sentient.

No, dude, the burden of proof is on you since you're the one making claims and saying that trees/plants aren't sentient. Lol

And I already know animals and humans are sentient, I agree with you on that.

47 minutes ago, Outer said:

Is there a proper and improper way to act towards humans according to you, subjectively?

I don't know, sorry.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/the-whispering-trees-180968084/

well there is a guy in germany who wrote at least  one book about how sentient trees are.

and this one is also really nice:

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20141111-plants-have-a-hidden-internet

in that sense they where really way ahed of the time. much higher developed intelligence than us. they even have insects and mammals and spiders and birds doing all the work for them.

too bad some of the mammals developed a separation machine.

you can’t winn against the tree.

https://www.ted.com/talks/suzanne_simard_how_trees_talk_to_each_other/up-next#t-810618

Edited by now is forever

On 28.10.2018 at 9:48 AM, Joseph Maynor said:

Does that make dying and death any less real for trees than it is for animals?  Sure you identify more with animals, but dying and death actually occurs in more than just animals.  I feel like I'm entering a Stage Green trap here and there is no reasoning about this.  This is one of those Stage Green moral triggers.  Stage Green just goes bananas when talking about the suffering of animals and there's no reasoning with them about it.  It's like criticizing God to the face of a religious Stage Blue person.  It's just not going to be received well, and they're not going to be open to discussing it.

@Joseph Maynor Your empathy with trees seems like even more of a stage green trap, doesn't it? But hey, it's lovely to see :x 

I think that many stage green vegetarians would actually consider eating wild animals that lived a happy life. Has anyone read Michael Pollan's "The omnivore's dilemma"? It's a very yellow book, looking from different perspectives & angles while connecting many dots. I'm just reading it again now while contemplating whether I should really become vegan or not. 9_9

5 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Maybe you would think differently about trees if we callously cut down all the ancient redwoods that are hundreds of years old.  But those trees are special right!  See?  Everything hinges on our bias which is totally full of shit because it is a bias.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muir_Woods_National_Monument

Stop putting words in my mouth. If you have a question, wait for me to answer. Don't answer for me.

And please explain to me how I'm being biased.

5 hours ago, Outer said:

Do you think trees/plants are sentient?

I don't know if they are.

just lol if your not a sun gazing breatharian doing 24/7 SDS

Edited by passerby

Sentience is a distinction/duality.

Have you ever wondered if you are actually sentient?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Sentience is a distinction/duality.

It is relative fosho. Presupposed distinction or preset by there own experience. 

Eating meat doesn't prevent this kind of work, but you will likely not enjoy eating meat the further you get into this work.

You will realize that everything is you. Insects, animals, trees, grass, rocks etc etc etc

Any classification to say killing anything is right/wrong is arbitrary. Just act on your true desires.

As far as who can feel what, you are experiencing everything. You are only aware of a specific human experience, but that does not mean you are not experiencing it.

The separation between living and non-living things. Does this exist or is this an illusory idea I am creating?

On 10/28/2018 at 11:14 AM, Outer said:

It's up to you to prove that plants are conscious.

Say one can't prove this.

Are you going to act as if they aren't conscious?

Not being able to prove it only leaves us at a maybe rather than a definite no.