Chilli

Changing practices

8 posts in this topic

So I have been practicing self-inquiry for more than a year now, but I feel like I haven't made any progress on this path. Before self-inquiry became my main spiritual practice, I was following Buddhism and frequently had amazing experiences, which brought a sense of progress. I don't know if these experiences mean I'm making progress, and I would like to have some opinions on this. I have recently considered switching practices, but I'm not sure if this is just a trick of the mind or not. Any thoughts? (Sorry for my English, I'm from Brazil)

@PsiloPutty Thanks hahaha. Yes, I have, and it was during the period where meditation was my main practice that I had these tiny no-self experiences. Although I've been on this path for a year I still consider myself a newbie, so any information is helpful.

I'm a newbie too, but I'd say that a regular daily meditation practice is one of the foundations of MOST people's spiritual endeavors. 

@PsiloPutty I agree that meditation brings is very beneficial. My main doubt is whether or not I should continue with self-inquiry.  

I dunno man, if you haven't figured out what you are yet, then maybe you should keep the SI practice going. People often take breaks from that, though. 

@Chilli Whom do you follow when it comes to self-enquiry? I see sometimes people doing some mental philosophies and thinking this is self-enquiry. IDK, I used to do a lot of self-enquiry but Mooji's style, witch has nothing to do with mental philosophies. It worked just fine, still does.

Where did you learn this self-enquiry that you do?

If you identify with the body, self esteem issues will be inevitable. 

I'd say if you've been doing a technique for a year and it hasn't brought you progress, it's definitely time to change techniques. Maybe you want to selfinquire in a different way, or you want to do something else entirely.

Do what works you! Everyone is so different.