Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Manjushri

How do I make learning science interesting?

3 posts in this topic

I marvel at science, but when I have to study facts, etc. - I simply don't care. I'm learning the nervous system atm and it 'should' be darn amazing, but.... 

Reductionist western science will always be limited to the materialism paradigm. Not very interesting for an awakened human being who can experience reality beyond the 5 senses. 

Edited by Hellspeed

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

I found Physics to be incredibly fascinating when I was studying it.  I was into Mathematical Physics.  I was also heavily into Mathematics too.  I also find Astronomy to be incredibly fascinating.  Not so much now, but when I was in my 20's it was.  My real passion was Mathematics though.  I flirted with double-majoring in Mathematics and Philosophy -- but I ended up just doing the Philosophy.  But I think if I could have done a three-way major in college it would have been Physics, Mathematics, and Philosophy.

I'm 40 now.  If I were going to college today I would probably do a three-way major of Music, Computer Science, and Law School.

So, your question is how to make science interesting.  I don't know how to answer this because I was always interested in science.  I was much more interested in science in school than I was all the other subjects.  So, I never had to force myself too hard to be interested in science.  Now, there are some sciences I was more interested in than others.  I went through a phase where I was very interested in psychology for example.  Once I discovered philosophy though, science started to take a back-seat for me.

Edited by Joseph Maynor