Recursoinominado

Why am i so afraid of going deep on spirituality?

37 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Jack River said:

It can also be said that ego feeds off thinking any experience will end itself. All actions taken as fear looking for a way out feed the ego. No ego dies from an experience. Experience fuels ego and ego influences experience. Insight into all this starves the ego of all action that sustains its own life. 

This totally brought about an ending of conditioned action. Actually very crazy how we feed the beast thinking otherwise. The nature of the beast is that beast feeds itself to starve itself. xD

Nice pointer! 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

21 minutes ago, Hellspeed said:

Nice pointer! 

In what sense?  I need detail man.  There's a dearth of subtle thinking on the Forum.  Any bum off the street can say boo or hooray to anything!  It's the intelligent man that provides detail for what he concludes.  Subtle, detailed thinking is a virtue and a sign of being at Tier-Two on the Spiral.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Mikael89 There is no right path.

As you said, many people that didn't get any spiritual insights from taking DMT. This statement assumes some DID have insights. Something ridiculous for you might be huge for someone else.

From the way that you wrote your comment, am I wrong to assume to you never tried DMT? If I'm right, you're talking about something that is foreign to you. But even then, I've never taken DMT either so who am I to talk about the subject.

Edit: I see you edited your comment. Forget what I said, it doesn't apply anymore now :)

Edited by FredFred

SH_quoteChodron4.jpg

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Well im respectfully not going to agree with that, for me it remains simple  

Joy and excitement points towards the truth, and feelings like fear are a signal of a wrong perspective or a wrong course of action

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

7 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

Sigh. Like if psychedelics are pure spirituality.

There's many many many people who take DMT or some other psychedelic and if you ask them they did not get any spiritual experience at all, or any glimpse of Truth or any ego death or anything like that.

So much for your "Psychedelics is the straight path to pure spirituality/Truth"-concept.

(I'm talking about when non-spiritual people take psychedelics. A non-spiritual person sees the experience as a cool and interesting brain hallucination and a spiritual person sees it as a spiritual experience. So to me it seems to be a question of interepretation. But what do I know.)

Psychedelics give you access to raw reality, they cut to most if not all bullshit and concepts, depending on the drug and dosage. It is a spiritual experience, most people just don't have the wisdom to recognize as so. DMT was an example, but I could said about my formal meditation practice that I practically stopped because when I do practice, it stir up so much stuff that is hard to handle (lists of fear, anxiety, worry, doubt, confusion during the days that follow it). I could also go to more retreats or actually apply at least some of the techniques I learn in my research. This is due to fear, I say that I want to reach enlightment but when stuff get rough, I stop with lots of excuses. 

The same more or less happens to me. I discovered psychedelics a couple of years ago and it totally changed my life for the better, gave me new perspective to move on and it was a true miracle etc

But then the last trip, about 1 year and a half ago was a little bad (but nothing too traumatic definetely, I dont remember like a bad experience per se) However, since then I want to take psychedelics again for personal development and spirituality purposes but I always end cancelling the trips, I get very anxious and fearful that something fucked up might happen.

You can´t force your ego to surrender, so just be patient and aware, you´ll trip when you are 100% prepared to trip, meanwhile, practice other forms of spirituality

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

Because truth is too hard to stomach, ego is afraid that it wont be able to handle it, all our lives we have been indoctrinated to be afraid of just a tiny bit of insanity or weirdness, the ego just wants to keep the ”world”, what if the world dissappears, then what? Where are you gonna place your feet? what happens when the people you love and hate arent people anymore but something ineffable, you get the point.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

2 hours ago, Arkandeus said:

Well im respectfully not going to agree with that, for me it remains simple  

Joy and excitement points towards the truth, and feelings like fear are a signal of a wrong perspective or a wrong course of action

Most humans have some fear of the unknown and their own death as they journey toward Truth. The self doesn’t want to die and fear is a mechanism of self preservation.

It sounds like you go through ego death with joy and excitement. I’d consider that lucky,

20 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Most humans have some fear of the unknown and their own death as they journey toward Truth. The self doesn’t want to die and fear is a mechanism of self preservation.

It sounds like you go through ego death with joy and excitement. I’d consider that lucky,

Well ive had my fair share of fear and suffering and I still do sometimes  

I really like to be honest, honesty is what my personal spirituality is about  

If I had to envision the perfect enlightenment, it would be an enlightenment without any suffering, instant outburst of joy and harmony and peace  

No work, no fear, no suffering, nothing to prove or gain, just pure happiness, that is my honest desire  

And if there is a perfect guru it would be one that could enlighten another person with an instant painless enlightenment! I'm not sure I will be able to do that though lol 

Yet I strive for that! 

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

8 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Haha. Access to raw reality and cut most if not all bullshit and concepts?

I have tripped one time on a psychedelic, and the effect was the exact opposite of what you say. I started to hallucinate and started to imagine all kind of bullshit.

What did you imagine?

8 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Many things, but some of them were:

That the whole earth got sucked into a black hole. That I was in the christian hell. That I was in a alien space ship, and the space ship was riding on the wave of Big Bang because the universe rebooted.

That is raw reality.

Reality is just a infinite collection of dreams/hallucinations/whatever you want to call that

:) 

God is love

And God in them

10 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

That the whole earth got sucked into a black hole. That I was in the christian hell. That I was in a alien space ship, and the space ship was riding on the wave of Big Bang because the universe rebooted.

So whats the meta-lesson here? ?

2 hours ago, Arkandeus said:

If I had to envision the perfect enlightenment, it would be an enlightenment without any suffering, instant outburst of joy and harmony and peace  

No work, no fear, no suffering, nothing to prove or gain, just pure happiness, that is my honest desire  

There comes a point where the self must surrender and give up control. The self doesn’t decide what’s behind the door. It could be absolute bliss or absolute terror. The absolute doesn’t “care” if “you” experience happiness or pain- the absolute is *both* happiness and pain. 

Just now, Mikael89 said:

That's just what you think. That's just your interpretation. You could be wrong.

I don't know? Or see my answer above.

Of course I could be wrong.

How do you know you're right though ? :) 

God is love

And God in them

39 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Psychedelics disable rational thought. To a rationalist, the experience will seem irrational - because they have not transcended rationality.(i.e. an orange level rational thinker)

The experience will be very different for someone who has transcended rationality (e.g. a yellow level being). They will not dismiss the experience as being irrational since they understand deeper modes of being.

In “experiencing”, Nothingness is neither happy or pain. 

Its not a giving up anything. All self activity comes to an end. I can say that there is no fear whatsoever. Fear and self are one. Absolute is  no “thing”. All the things of time drop off totally. If fear is experienced self remains in tact. 

Edited by Jack River