Roman25

What do you think happens when you die and is death a problem?

24 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, lmfao said:

@Roman Edouard this may sound generic but I think that acceptance of death is about acceptance of the emptiness of your being. Everyone, at least during some point, feels their existence to be empty. I currently think that once you are dead you return to the existence you had before you were born. 

This may sound tangiantial but bear with me. Have you ever meditated and reached a state of heightened awareness? There is this completely spontaneous present moment. The present moment is uncreated. You did nothing to create this present moment. There is no cause for anything. Just observe the origin of anything internal or external in your consciousness and pay attention to what is. To truly see through the illusion of past and future requires you cease clinging. If you reach this state you start to see the emptiness of your existence. I have found this very scary. But upon reaching this consciousness you are forced to confront the fact that emptiness is undeniably a core element of your being at all times, which is contrary to how we humans normally operate. We normally sweep emptiness under the rug. But if you let go you'll have a funny, surreal feeling inside. 

Perhaps emptiness isn't as bad as I have been thinking for a while now. Emptiness and freedom could now be one in the same. I have a couple hundred hours done in meditation but I haven't meditated at all the last month. I switched to a 37 minutes yoga video called "Seane Corn Detox Flow Yoga | Yoga | Gaiam" on youtube. I will probably create my own version of meditation sometime today so that the gains I get from it apply specifically to me.

5 minutes ago, Roman Edouard said:

Perhaps emptiness isn't as bad as I have been thinking for a while now. Emptiness and freedom could now be one in the same. I have a couple hundred hours done in meditation but I haven't meditated at all the last month. I switched to a 37 minutes yoga video called "Seane Corn Detox Flow Yoga | Yoga | Gaiam" on youtube. I will probably create my own version of meditation sometime today so that the gains I get from it apply specifically to me.

Don't see any gains to it.

See that more as a way to slowly realize what you already are.

There is no gain if you already are whole.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

33 minutes ago, Roman Edouard said:

My meditation habit for the past month has been bad as well. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

12 minutes ago, lmfao said:

My meditation habit for the past month has been bad as well. 

Don't feel bad. The spooky Halloween spirits are cursing us.