Pouya

How i realized reality is illusion.

7 posts in this topic

The body has capabilities to have perceptions and sensations. The human body has a range of sight, hearing, touching, tasting and smelling. It is obviously limited. As a dog can smell or an eagle can see much more accurately than human, the dog can't see or the cat can't taste as accurately as human. So which one of these creatures can percieve things as they are? I say none of them. Evolution is not for percieving the truth, it's for survival. Human needs to have a good and relatively accurate sight and 2 eyes in the front of its face so it can percieve distance and height better so it can survive living on the trees when it had to live like that. It needs to percieve the threat or the hunt in the distance and close range so it can survive.

We percieve what we need to percieve to survive, so for seeing as it is, not only we need to remove the labels and concepts and ideas and imagination from the raw perception, we need to percieve it compeletely as it is, which we actually can't because of our limited body. So evolution doesn't care about the truth, it cares about what can help us survive better.

So some humans liked to think and imagine about stuff and they created a notion of "Reality". It is based 100% on our human perception, so how can the idea of reality be the actual reality? 

Just like the famous illusional cube image, perception is a mental construct and can be manipulated by the mind for its survival's sake. 

Reality as we know is a mental construct that helps use survive and it's based on limited perceptions and sensations.

I like to use the analogy of an online first person video game.

I imagine 2 identical PCs next to each other running an online fps game in the same server. The 2 characters can go and see things in the game's reality. Imagine the characters are looking in the same direction to a landscape. I can change the graphic settings of one of them to the highest quality and one to the lowest. So one has a very high quality and accurate picture and one is blury and pixel-like.

Which computer's screen shows us the reality of the video game as it is? None of them. The reality of video game is coding and digital information.

This was an analogy, i dont mean that actual reality is coded or matrix or some shit, (matrix was a very nice metaphore but not the thing as it is)

So you might answer with there is no one looking/percieving or something like that. But what i meant was how I realized that no matter how actual I percieve, I percieve it.

Like it is a lego structure of many colorful blocks but i only pick the blue and yellow ones and RECONSTRUCT a Reality out of them. A filtered one. 

Recently I've been working on the Actuality since Leo released a video on it and it's so wierd that few months ago, I couldn't imagine that the things are not actual are imaginary, but now it's like that the moon in the sky that I don't actually percieve is as real as a purple unicorn with 10 legs.

perception.jpg

@Pouya you're on the right track

keep in mind, there isn't a more or less "accurate" version as you say with the dog vision, eagle vision, human vision etc...

reality is 100% what you see it to be

there isn't a main fully constructed super real reality which can be seen with say an infinte resolution vision or somthing...

there is just nothingness which appears in various forms

you can say that form/vision which appears depends on the tool being used to look out from... dog's eyes, human's eyes etc

better way to say what it is would be to think of a screen with tiny blank pixels and they are colored in accordingly - in infinite ways, rendering what you / I experieince, animals etc... 

reality is an illusion indeed - but it's deeper than what you're talking about. 

the whole construct exists in "mind space" it's all a thought/dream of ONE GRAND CONSCIOUSNESS 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@SoonHei Mind space? Btw i have no idea what the hell is the mind. 

So you say that the formless takes many forms like the way i see the world or the way a dog sees a world.

I don't think that I can percieve the formless because it's formless, so that's not a way for it...

@Pouya when you go to sleep and have a dream - whatever & wherever that dream world/reality appears inside is 100% the same space where your current waking state is appearing inside. 

call it mind space

call it IOEFJWIOEJF

naming it doesn't matter

know that it is the same with this contrast.

17 minutes ago, Pouya said:

I don't think that I can perceive the formless because it's formless, so that's not a way for it...

YOU ARE THE FORMLESS perceiving itself

@Pouya is one of the infinite point of views/experiences that the ONE FORMLESS is having. you just happen to be the lucky one peeking out of @Pouya eye's / perspective 

Love Is The Answer

@SoonHei Rupert Spira once said that in order to Be the formless one, it has to loosen its attention from the everything and let it collapse to itself so it can know itself by being itself, then after that percieve the world again.

Do you agree with it? 

@Pouya

yes, that is correct.

but "loosening of attention" is easier said than done. he further defines it as a relaxation of a doing

the example he uses which I like is that of a clenched fist. that is how we are right now. in order to clench a fist, it requires a doing/action. we are already doing that - which is what the attention on objects/everything is.

to loosen this attention from objects and collapse it onto itself requires that one "stop" clenching the fist - notice how that is NOT a doing or an action but a RELAXATION of an effort/action/doing.

so in your quest to discover and uncover, somehow, someway, you will get closer and closer to the truth until it finally all clicks and the attention collapses onto itself.

a DEEP PROFOUND realization needs to be had you could say. no doing is required, rather a deep existential understanding.

another example is of a movie actor, acting out a sad scene / story and forgetting he is in actor and is actually suffering while he acts out that scene... what does he need to do to realize that he isn't the character he is playing in the movie, he is the actor who does not exist in the world of the character?

he needs to "do" nothing

nothing but realize that he is already the actor outside of the character's world 

realize that he's made the mistake of identifying with the character in the movie.

simply this.

Love Is The Answer

You guys are great!

Nice analogy you borrowed for this occasion, SoonHei. Since the clenched fist (mental posture) perpetuates its own momentum, we don't realize what or how to "relax" the ingrained psychological patterning of our learned and karmic habit-energy.

So much energy is expended maintaining one's psychological momentum, it cannot be changed by more energy, per se, even if there were more at one's disposal. But once one learns to "loosen the attention" not only is that energy freed up for objective perception of reality, the savings of energy builds up over a long period of time (in a manner of speaking) to experience the sudden.

Eventually, the natural amassing of potential releases and we find ourselves "collapsed to ourselves" (as a black hole would), and we see nonbeing through nonbeing as the homeland of nothing whatsoever.

Then, as you said, we return to perceive the world again to take up advance practice in the aftermath of the sudden.

The OP attracted my attention in terms of the thread title's usage of reality/illusion because it is not necessary to wait for sudden realization to realize the operative mechanism transcending habit energy that is already the viable aspect within Suchness constituting that which is neither created nor abolute. This is our inconceivable transformative spiritual nature. Taoist spiritual alchemy calls this the Celestial Mechanism. One's awareness stripped of its (the personality's) psychological content is itself all that is necessary to activate inherent enlightening function on the spot.

The fact is, reality and illusion are the same, any way you look at it. Illusion is using the world to gratify/validate the self whereas reality is (having the enlightening perspective to be) using the world (as the self) to refine the self.

Effective relaxation of views perpetuated by the psychological apparatus of the being that is going to die allows ever-ready nonpsychological awareness to alight. It's not some other mind. One teaching calls this "turning the light around to point on its source".

There is actually a purpose to seeing reality, or seeing potential (in the midst of delusional everyday ordinary situations). Delusional existence is all there is (to work with). Those who see reality recognize this and know that there is nothing to fix. Enlightening beings just adapt enlightening potential to creation by seeing essence instead of seeing things.

Pouya wrote:

I don't think that I can percieve the formless because it's formless

The formless is just the essential nature of reality. When seeing things as potential no different than yourself, this is enlightening perception seeing the formless. Seeing things as separate entities to exploit, avoid or be unconscious to (relative to the personality) is delusional.

Nevertheless, don't think for an instant that it is not appropriate, at times, to ignore or exploit elements of creation mindfully (in terms of effective autonomy and clarity), relative to the situation.

Essence is the same as oneself, nonoriginated. Since this is so, it is evidence of complete ignorance for one to seek to work with created things by personality issues and motivations, as it were. In contrast, working directly with essence by adapting the sense of real knowledge to the essence of situational evolution, assimilation to reality is said to be selfless. Transcendent selflessness is not a matter of taking anything away from a person~ it's just that enlightening activity does not use the psychological apparatus to adapt to conditions. Instead, one sees the spiritual potential comprising the situation itself transcend situational energy by riding its essence— this is not different than oneself. Enlightening being is the expression of true unity, nonoriginated, no different than reality.

It is none other than reality and illusion being one and the same. Enlightenment isn't "good", it's just neither good nor bad; delusion isn't "bad", it's just ignorance of reality. The ignorant (beings) go along with creation and spiritual adepts turn the light around to follow its source. One is karmic bondage in endless created cycles, while the other rides those same endless cycles as selfless transformations entering profoundly into the real mystery of the Way.

ed note: typo 2nd paragraph; add quote and the two following paragraphs

Edited by deci belle

Nana i ke kumu  Ka imi loa