Charlotte

Activism

56 posts in this topic

@Charlotte Enlightenment does not neccisitate that you care about the suffering of others. The degree to which you care about other people and the degree to which you are enlightened can be very different from each other although I speculate that they are often similar to each other. Imagine spiral dynamics stage red/orange on conciousness work, for example. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

20 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

@Annoynymous I'm sorry I think I've misunderstood your response. I assumed you meant seeking clarity for why I want to voice for the vulnerable? Is this what you mean?

I meant a lot of thing. If you watched leo's spiral dynamics series you would know about stage yellow. It implies that understanding is a complex thing. That's why yellow is about systems thinking to understand and therefore to solve.

Clarity resembles with why you want to voice for vulnerable, who is vulnerable according to you, why they are like that and why social system led them to be vulnerable etc. You have to question what you want to do to its rock bottom. Its self inquiry. You have to gather knowledge. Direct experience. I have told you earlier, it's complex.  

@Annoynymous Okay thank you. I will do just that. My issues with self inquiry start at asking the relevant questions. You have given me a few to start with. Thank you for replying and for helping ♥️

@Outer Aaaaaaaahhhh!!! I see it now ??

Yes we speak with a silent mind anyway so continuing self inquiry and replacing activism with even more self inquiry will help on a deeper more fundamental level? (As in stage yellow type help)

Just now, Shiva said:

ideology is not about what you do, but what's going on inside you

Exactly!! Hence me asking is there any chance of being an activist without the emotional inner turmoil that usually takes place with activism. I'll do research into Gandhi. Thank you. 

Really appreciate all your inputs. I think, with your help I've accumulated my own answer. In order to be an effective activist I cannot come at this from a stage green perspective. I'll need to transcend this first and move up to yellow. Does this sound better?

@Shiva oh I'll watch it thank you for the recommendation! 

And thank you outer (as always for your help) 

6 hours ago, Charlotte said:

Really appreciate all your inputs. I think, with your help I've accumulated my own answer. In order to be an effective activist I cannot come at this from a stage green perspective. I'll need to transcend this first and move up to yellow. Does this sound better?

@Shiva oh I'll watch it thank you for the recommendation! 

And thank you outer (as always for your help) 

You will still suffer in stage yellow, you just won't base your actions on that.

If you suffer you are still limiting your impact.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

2 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

@Shin How do you know for definite?

What ?

God is love

And God in them

1 hour ago, Shin said:

You will still suffer in stage yellow

?

6 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

?

What do you want to know about that ?

God is love

And God in them

@Shin Shin you said to me I will still suffer in stage yellow. How do you know this? Are you stage yellow? Do you have direct experience of this?

16 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

@Shin Shin you said to me I will still suffer in stage yellow. How do you know this? Are you stage yellow? Do you have direct experience of this?

Yes and yes.

Ask a more specific question if it's not enough xD 

God is love

And God in them

@Charlotte Just give this statement some thought. In the end, no one can make you do anything. Your very tendencies will take wings towards their destinations.

''I was reading something by Sri Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi this morning. Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj is my guru, and Ramana is my spiritual godfather. They are both excellent dispensers of sound advice. And the primary advice both of them give us over and over and over again is “Wake up!”

If you want to fix the world, first wake up and find out if it really needs fixing. If you want to relieve the world’s suffering, first wake up and find out if there really is suffering. And on and on and on.  Don’t point your finger at what needs changing outside; turn your attention around and see what’s not changing inside.''

Quotes are taken from Fred Davis's Blog

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom thats exactly what I'm doing. I've decided against it. I feel it would create even more duality. It would be counterintuitive at this current time.

Thanks for your reply ♥️

15 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

@Preetom thats exactly what I'm doing. I've decided against it. I feel it would create even more duality. It would be counterintuitive at this current time.

All the best :)

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@CharlotteJust finished reading all these great opinions/responses/ideas/convos etc. 

Wanted to throw in my two cents....

If the ultimate goal...per-say...is enlightenment...

Do you realize enlightenment (a concept) has 'no way' as the only way....as @Faceless would say

This means no effort, activist or no activism will get you closer (also this includes all practices of psychological becoming)  

Why not do what makes 'you' happy? 

either way there will need to be exploration into 'the self' (Krishnamurti goes heavily into this...but ultimately we have to see it for ourselves) 

the seeing will grant you clear voyage (to love and freedom from suffering) 

@DrewNows Love your input thanks so much. 

But I do feel it could create a stronger sense of duality with reality and I don't want that. I'm working on breaking down all barriers to embody 'oneness'. 

By pointing the finger at other (humans who inflict the suffering) this will create a deeper separation from the self and other. 

By becoming an activist I feel it could possibly feed into ego's identity even further. Trust me I really want to do it and it's torture deciding not to but I feel it could be yet another ideological trap.