Parki

How do I use MDMA for personal development?

15 posts in this topic

I am not kidding.
Could we use it or it's just a recreational drug?
If you have some experience with it, personal development wise, please share.

I don't have experience with MDMA, but from what I read, it's a dangerous drug.

Having so many options with psychedelics, why would you choose a drug that can mess up with your brain chemistry?  

2 minutes ago, Gabriel Antonio said:

Having so many options with psychedelics

well, because it's not a psychedelic?
this thing is different, I've no idea why people call it psychedelic

@Strikr these are simply different things.
It's not a good idea to try to compare one to the other.

1 hour ago, Parki said:

this thing is different, I've no idea why people call it psychedelic

I didn't say it's a psychedelic. 

Why would you use it as opposed to classic psychedelics? 

Basic Psychedelic Rules:

- Set and Setting. Look this up and read all about it. You should be in a good place in your life and you should be physically in a location that you feel safe and with people you trust. 

- Use a testing kit. A testing kit is something you can use to test that the MDMA you buy is actually MDMA and not something else sold to you as MDMA. 

- Have a trip sitter. This should be someone you trust and feel safe around. 

I have permanently locked myself out of my account to force myself to focus on my work. Goodbye.

I have some experience with MDMA and I wouldn't really recommend it.

It basically bursts your heart open making you extremely loving, compassionate and open. However, as rule, the heart is not ready for that, I think. It is a forced opening, it puts you into an very, very vulnerable place. That can be dangerous if you haven't gone through the natural, step-by-step process of opening the heart. You can get overwhelmed, traumatized, even intruded. Basically emotionally raped.

Whatever you do, be careful!

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

To me it is mostly recreational, however there are some important lessons you can learn from it.
It might be more "spiritual" (lol) if you do it completely alone, but to me that is not an option. I need people around on MDMA.
So instead of taking it alone, take it with people/someone you feel safe around.
Then, when peaking, isolate yourself from the group for some minutes (or just sit down somewhere and close your eyes, but don't get distracted by external stuff).
You will probably just want to dance and pour your heart out to people.
But if you want to use it for "personal development", isolate yourself and introspect.
Ask yourself:
Why am I not always this happy?
What has changed compared to being sober?
What is this ecstasy I am feeling, what is it really ?
Then, just meditate. Let yourself fall into that feeling of bliss. 

Do this and MDMA will almost feel like LSD :D

Then, go back to your friends and share that love ;-)

I've found great use from MDMA. It can really help you deeply explore your emotions and how you are feeling. MDMA helped me realize some really fundamental trauma that prevented me from connecting and loving people as deeply as I wanted to. When I figured that out, I was just crying in happiness. My first candyflip (LSD + MDMA) experience also was very beneficial. The colors and feelings and my way of thinking was so mind fuckery. Seeing the paradox and I felt like I experienced a glimpse of being absolute infinity. You probably will want to be around people but I did most of my MDMA doses alone and called a friend if I really wanted to talk.

17 hours ago, Gabriel Antonio said:

I don't have experience with MDMA, but from what I read, it's a dangerous drug.

Having so many options with psychedelics, why would you choose a drug that can mess up with your brain chemistry?  

You haven't read up on it enough. If you aren't doing high doses, you stay in cool temps, and wait like 3 months at least ideally between doses its no more dangerous than your classic psychedelics. Its a very unique drug in its capability to let you access emotions compared to psychedelics. There is concern for neurotoxicity, but use the drug sparingly and you won't have a problem at all. Treat it like a vacation. 

I have lots of experience with MDMA.

Set and setting is not important, trip sitter is probably not needed. You dont even have to be in a really good mood. Its very recreational. It almost forces you into a positive mood and eliminates all anxiety.

MDMA is best done dancing with loud electronic music or with friends. I personally dont get some great feelings of infinite love or start talking about personal stuff but I'm definitely friendlier to strangers and friends.

MDMA is really a one of a kind experience and I recommend it but it seems pretty shallow if you dont do it with a therapist or something.

Edited by MM1988

@FractalFlux I asked myself these questions on it a lot ("why am I not always this happy?" etc.). But its pointless, you just feel a ton of positive emotions and of course it feels very good. All your life problems seem small because you feel so good. And that one is true you shouldnt worry to much about stuff but in the end its all a scam, very artifical. Easy to not care about anything when you ride that wave but you just cant be euphoric 24/7, I think your brain would explode. 

@Shadowraix

I dont know about the candyflip but MDMA seems shit for exploring emotions, just gives you a stream of positive emotions that hide the emotions you would usually feel. Something that amplifies emotions would be better, like LSD.

@okulele Bullshit, thousands of people in every big city take MDMA every weekend in very noisy settings and have a good time. It definitely has much more depth than alcohol but overall Its a very straight forward and easy to handle substance. I have at least 20+ trips and every single time it was basically the same thing just variying in strength.

Edit: Euphoria is a bad word for what MDMA feels like, but it can feel that way to a first timer because you have the excitment mixed in. Its not really a high that will make you hate your sober life afterwards. If you go about MDMA with a calm mind you will see it will just make you really feally content about your current situation, whatever you are doing right now. You can definitely get that feeling without MDMA its not something out of this world, but MDMA gives it to you basically on the push of a button plus extra energy and your body feels nice. Thats what the MDMA experience boils down to.

Edited by MM1988

1 hour ago, MM1988 said:

I dont know about the candyflip but MDMA seems shit for exploring emotions, just gives you a stream of positive emotions that hide the emotions you would usually feel. Something that amplifies emotions would be better, like LSD.

Might affect you differently but I found MDMA to be far better as it allows me to connect with my emotions and process all the negative feelings without actually feeling traumatized by it. You have to be much more careful with LSD because if you aren't ready to handle those emotions it will get amplified and could potentially cause your mind to spiral downward quickly.

@Shadowraix Yes if you are actually so traumatized by something that you cant bring it up sober that stream of positive emotions can soften the blow, I guess thats why its used for PTSD. But your everyday bad emotions, like a breakup up something? That stuff simply gets pushed out of the picture.

@Parki

There are lots of people who claim benefits. My belief is that intention is more important than the drug itself.