Emanyalpsid

The egg experiment

163 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Emanyalpsid said:

Dude, you're using a metaphor, which also makes no sense, to sustain your believe. I never said I remembered. I said I had no experience until I became conscious again 3 weeks later. This is classical defending a believe system. Read this website; www.foundationsofhumanlife.com

And find out that I know all about dualism and non-dualism. But it requires you to confront yourself instead of just believing. That is a lot harder.

“The greatest thing by far is to be a master of metaphor; it is the one thing that cannot be learnt from others; and it is also a sign of genius, since a good metaphor implies an intuitive perception of the similarity in the dissimilar.” - Aristotle 

I guess you and Aristotle will have to agree to disagree :)

Also, you keep wanting to refer back to the original thought experiment when people are pointing out gaps in your epistemology. Its similar to conspiracy theorists touting "evidence" to support their claims. Some people would say that the fact that Hillary Clinton knew people that didnt like her that also died is proof she is a mass murderer. The epistemology is the problem.

Also, it would seem that you dont like a paradox. That would be a problem if paradoxes exist. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_paradoxes

Edited by Matt8800

25 minutes ago, Matt8800 said:

@Emanyalpsid You are assuming I dont understand your perspective so you keep repeating your arguments. I understand your perspective very well since it was my perspective for 46 years.

You are insistent that anyone that doesnt agree with you is simply forming beliefs based on what they are told. That claim, like many of the others you make, cannot be substantiated. You do not know how I formed my beliefs (because you cannot know) yet it is still a belief you hold in your mind.

You are drawing your conclusions because they reconcile with the foundational assumptions you have about how the world works. Those assumptions, which I used to have, I found to be incorrect. Until you look at those assumptions more carefully, your conclusions will always be the same and you will view anyone that disagrees as being incorrect.

34 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Dude, I was unconscious for 3 weeks because of a bleeding in my brains, why they could not function properly! That is not an argument. You come up with arguments. How can you all skip this or try to twist it in something else? *The believe is apparently very very deep.

Anyone else reading this who scratches his head? Or do you all have a glazed look in your eyes?

13 minutes ago, Matt8800 said:

“The greatest thing by far is to be a master of metaphor; it is the one thing that cannot be learnt from others; and it is also a sign of genius, since a good metaphor implies an intuitive perception of the similarity in the dissimilar.” - Aristotle 

I guess you and Aristotle will have to agree to disagree :)

Its similar to conspiracy theorists touting "evidence" to support their claims. Some people would say that the fact that Hillary Clinton knew people that didnt like her that also died is proof she is a mass murderer. The epistemology is the problem.

Whoop there is a metaphor again.

Aristotle thought too much.

I see people on this forum constantly dropping quotes from so called experts. That is to say, why would you post them if you don't believe them?

Edited by Emanyalpsid

7 minutes ago, Emanyalpsid said:

Whoop there is a metaphor again.

Aristotle thought too much.

I see people on this forum constantly dropping quotes from so called experts. That is to say, why would you post them if you don't believe them?

In your worldview, Aristotle and the rest of the so called "experts" that disagree with you are fools and your epistemology is above debate. 

Sounds like you have it all figured out :)

16 minutes ago, Emanyalpsid said:

Dude, I was unconscious for 3 weeks because of a bleeding in my brains, why they could not function properly! That is not an argument. You come up with arguments. How can you all skip this or try to twist it in something else? *The believe is apparently very very deep.

Anyone else reading this who scratches his head? Or do you all have a glazed look in your eyes?

Yes, a brain was bleeding and was not working to form memories of awareness. I didnt dispute that. 

Please explain what the proves and explain your how you arrived at that conclusion epistemologically. 

45 minutes ago, Matt8800 said:

Yes, a brain was bleeding and was not working to form memories of awareness. I didnt dispute that. 

Here is you twisting it in something else.

45 minutes ago, Matt8800 said:

Please explain what the proves and explain your how you arrived at that conclusion epistemologically. 

I don't believe in a truth. If I would believe in a truth, that would presume there is something that exists on itself to have knowledge about. As everything is of dependent origin, there is nothing that exists on itself. You think you know my perspective, but you have no idea.

no brain bleeding (brain functioning) -> conscious

brain bleeding (brain not functioning properly) -> unconscious

Stopped brain bleeding (brain functioning properly again) - became conscious again

Edited by Emanyalpsid

1 hour ago, Emanyalpsid said:

How can you all skip this or try to twist it in something else?

Skipping? I am telling you that awareness does not need a brain to function. It's all around everything, it pervades everything.

I told you I had an experience that showed me that, but you still think that my experience is not good.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

1 hour ago, abrakamowse said:

Skipping? I am telling you that awareness does not need a brain to function. It's all around everything, it pervades everything.

I told you I had an experience that showed me that, but you still think that my experience is not good.

we can easily make the rice experiment out of the egg experiment or do the rice experiment with the egg...

would that prove external conciousness? if there is something  like external.

we can also make a lemon experiment, by producing energy out of lemon. well we can also bite a lemon or make lemonade but we can also produce electricity out of it.

Edited by now is forever

1 hour ago, abrakamowse said:

If this is the case, is it then okay if I come to your home and hit you with a baseball bat on the head until your brains pop out? Your awareness will prevail right? Pain is just an appearance right? I can also put you down with some morphine first if you are scared for the pain. 

After this you can tell me all about the experience you had.

Edited by Emanyalpsid

@Emanyalpsid do you have eggression problems?

is this a high awareness problem or a low awareness problem?

Edited by now is forever

No, but apparently this body has a problem with people trying to convince others of their beliefs. (No I do not, read the topic or the website I referred to.) Leading people, often with serious psychological problems, away from reality into fantasyland as the "solution" to all of their problems. Which looks great at first, but what happens in 5 years or 10 years? How do they cope with reality then? How to function in society? Or are they fully on financial support from those who can cope with reality? Maybe they have become fully isolated in their own worlds. But you all give advice as if you all know this is the solution. You have no fucking clue, the only thing you are holding onto is your beliefs. Everybody should experience this fantasy magic place. Who cares where they are at in 10 years. It is fantastic now in your bubble. Others just don't see it the way you do. One should ignore emotions because they are just appearances.. tha fuck. Everyone will become a shell of a human, living only in their own minds. 

But who am I? I am not your savior, so I am out of here. 

12 minutes ago, Emanyalpsid said:

No, but apparently this body has a problem with people trying to convince others of their beliefs. (No I do not, read the topic or the website I referred to.) Leading people, often with serious psychological problems, away from reality into fantasyland as the "solution" to all of their problems. Which looks great at first, but what happens in 5 years or 10 years? How do they cope with reality then? How to function in society? Or are they fully on financial support from those who can cope with reality? Maybe they have become fully isolated in their own worlds. But you all give advice as if you all know this is the solution. You have no fucking clue, the only thing you are holding onto is your beliefs. Everybody should experience this fantasy magic place. Who cares where they are at in 10 years. It is fantastic now in your bubble. Others just don't see it the way you do. One should ignore emotions because they are just appearances.. tha fuck. Everyone will become a shell of a human, living only in their own minds. 

But who am I? I am not your savior, so I am out of here. 

no you shouldn’t ignore emotions - just be aware where they com from. everyone is invited to stay in this egg until they are able to coap with everything arising. a bubble is nothing else than an egg. what it is breeding depends on the chicken.

4 minutes ago, now is forever said:

no you shouldn’t ignore emotions - just be aware where they com from. everyone is invited to stay in this egg until they are able to coap with everything arising. a bubble is nothing else than an egg. what it is breeding depends on the chicken.

Yeah but where do they come from? From interaction of the mind with reality. But in your eyes that is all an illusion right? So if you get out of the dream, which is actually going into the dream, you will not experience them anymore right? So if you stay in your consciousness (read your own mind) and not interact with reality (cause that is an illusion) you will be fine..

On 28.9.2018 at 5:49 PM, now is forever said:

in infinite conciousness of reality and infinite reality of conciousness, dependent arising. 

If I am conscious it is in relation to being unconscious. If "I am" it is always in relation to the "not-me." If I am conscious it is always conscious OF something. Consciousness always has an object of which I am conscious. So while the realization of my identity as the "I am" is very much closer to reality than the idea that "I am so-and-so, a person" it is still a step away from the final realization of the absolute, that I am the non- dual awareness which is allowing the consciousness to be conscious. Awareness is that which is shining through the consciousness, but it is beyond the consciousness itself. So " awareness" is different from "consciousness" in Nisargadatta's talks. The pure awareness is the absolute, without which there can be no consciousness.

More here:

http://www.prahlad.org/disciples/premananda/essays/NISARGADATTA CONSCIOUSNESS AND AWARENESS.htm

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

Nice. Breaking through that false eggsterior. ?

Maybe that's the problem, I call consciousness the universal consciousness and the personal consciousness.

Nis makes a distinction, he calls consciousness the personal one, and awareness the impersonal or transcendental/universal consciousness.

The OP thinks that there's not such a thing as universal consciousness, so matter is something outside of consciousness in a world "out there".