Ampresus

Questions from a newbie

15 posts in this topic

Hello, my name is Ampresus and I am a newbie. I recently discovered Actualized.org when I did more research about the entire ''The Secret'' thing. He has a good video about it and I discovered that his channel isn't your typical BS self-improvement channel. Actualized.org has some serious good information. Anyway I am Muslim, I am very young (I won't tell my age because I don't know if you will get banned if you aren't over 18 years old) and I study the pre-university education. In his video about wage-slavery, Leo said that I am lucky to have found his video if I was young. He talked about how I should take leadership of my life, be comfortable with being alone etc. Here is my problem however, my age. My vocab isn't the greatest, especially in English considering that it's my second language. A lot of times I don't clearly understand what he is saying. Even though the video was supposed to be really helpful to someone who is young from age. I have many questions, but the main ones are as followed:

Leo talked about taking a job which has massive value to the rest of humanity, such as designer, engineer etc. Is there something with astronomy which also has massive value? I want to explore space, but do it in my own leadership like he told me to. 

I am Muslim and Leo talked about us in his ''What Is Misunderstood About Islam'' video. He said that there is a lot of corruption in Islam. I wonder what things he meant. I would easily believe it if he said this about Christianity, but I want the solid hard truth that you guys have about Islam. Please give me examples and maybe solutions for Muslims to do about these problems. One thing I undestood that is had something to do with fundamentalism. But that problem isn't just in Islam. 

The problem is the same for all humans. Association with thought. Doesn't matter what skin color, religion, sex, height, hair color, eye color, etc.

I would not get hung up in what one person says about anything. Words are pointers to things. If you don't like a word, try others.

Hi, and welcome! I agree that it's potentially lucky that you are interested at such a young age. 

I doubt you'll be seeing Leo clarifying his positions on Islam to you, as that would almost surely make you feel that you need to defend each one. I kind of get that vibe from your post. Best to just leave it and let people think their own thoughts. That's one of the toughest things to do in life, I think. 

Do you meditate? That would be a good starting point for a young guy like you on this path.   :)

@PsiloPutty Thanks for your compliments and yes I recently started meditating. I always admired buddhism and decided to start meditating myself. Leo taught me that there is so much more than some monks who become one with the universe. It's much bigger. I meditate 20 min a day like he said in one of his meditation videos.

On 9/11/2018 at 6:51 PM, Ampresus said:

But that problem isn't just in Islam. 

Leo usually says that all religions, and even science, are corrupted, iirc. So I don't think it's just about Islam.

@Ampresus  That is so good! Young people get a lot of advice about life from older folks, but meditation will be a serious game-changer for your life if you stay with it. 

@Ampresus Welcome to the board Ampresus! 

Your English is very good. Sometimes there might be some confusion about the English (how something is said). This type of confusion is more common with ESL, yet occurs between native speakers too. Also, there can be confusion about the concept itself - this is very common with native speakers. Contemplating and discussing the concept can clear things up toward deeper understanding. Yet, asking the question may "open up a can of worms" (a saying for when asking a question creates lots of new questions).

Regarding the value of astronomy: You may want to consider other people's opinions, yet I would encourage you looking within as well. Do you feel a calling toward Astronomy? Do *you* think/feel that Astronomy can contribute to humanity? How so? Would learning and teaching about Astronomy give you a sense of meaning and purpose.

Leaders are often grounded in their sense of meaning and purpose. Perhaps you come up with five three good reasons Astronomy can contribute to humanity. Over time, you may deeper your understanding how Astronomy contributes to humanity and discover new ways. Imagine you meet someone who tells you "Astronomy is a waste of time. The government shouldn't be wasting so much money funding Astronomy". Being grounded, you could consider this view, but you won't immediately change your view to accept the new view".

Who knows, perhaps you will learn many ways Astronomy can help humanity. Perhaps one day you will give a TedTalk about the value of Astronomy for humanity.

@Serotoninluv Thanks for your advice. Never knew a Moderator would react to my topic. I will think about what you said. I just started my journey after all. I will try to look deeper in my own mindset rather than thinking about other opinions.

8 minutes ago, Ampresus said:

@Serotoninluv Thanks for your advice. Never knew a Moderator would react to my topic. I will think about what you said. I just started my journey after all. I will try to look deeper in my own mindset rather than thinking about other opinions.

Ampresus: I would encourage you to do both. Be open to other people's opinions. Be open to views that say Astronomy should be a low priority and be open to views that say Astronomy should be a high priority. Which opinions resonate with you?

Other people's views can help reveal the truth within you. And also look within. Do both.

On 9/11/2018 at 10:51 AM, Ampresus said:

Leo talked about taking a job which has massive value to the rest of humanity, such as designer, engineer etc. Is there something with astronomy which also has massive value? I want to explore space, but do it in my own leadership like he told me to. 

Life Purpose = Your Passion + Creative Way to Share That

If your passion is astronomy, follow that and see where it takes you! I remember when I was a kid, I could spend hours on end watching Discovery Channel and learning about black holes, stars and the Big Bang.

You are quite young, so think about what you love doing and how you can contribute to the world. Astronomy is an incredible subject and there are tons of ways that you can be successful in it. Think of guys like Carl Sagan, Neil deGrasse Tyson or this guy . Just be careful and study some metaphysics and personal development - don't fall in the trap that many of these guys do. Basically, read from different sources. :D

My YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/2PSLrNb

@Juan Cruz Giusto I wanted to started reading from different sources, guess I don't have a choice now. I am familiar with Carl Sagan and Neil deGrasse Tyson.  

@Ampresus hi there. welcome to Your Life. there are several amazing things to do here. pick something you enjoy and do it with Love. don't expect others to enjoy it because that's your, and yours only, job.

unborn Truth

Watch english movies with english subtitles.

It will help a lot if you want to understand any english speaker correctly.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them