Enlightenment

Ranking of the best psychedelics for consciousness work

23 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, bambi said:

What are the drawbacks besides time?

LSD seems like a more holistic integrative healing tool to me. Even helps Dopaminergic system. I think it has better healing for those who have abused sitmulants

For me Mushrooms are more narrow, more unstable, more loopy, more scary tbh. LSD seems more balanced and stable and less loopy, more clear, while still being intense

At least in my experience, the chances of feeling rundown and having a hangover are much higher with LSD. I put a ton of weight in that, because feeling crappy from substance use puts a pause on my spiritual pursuits and my life in general. Coincidentally, I also abused stimulants a lot when I was younger, and I felt the crash from it so many times. That's the reason I won't stand for it now. I don't drink coffee or touch anything that's stimulating. It's unpleasant whenever I do, and my aim is to run on my own steam.

Another major drawback is the long duration. I'm almost exactly Leo's age if his bio is to be believed. I don't know if he'd agree, but I think it gets more difficult to find time for a full day of tripping when you're not as much of a young fella. My current favorite psychedelics have much shorter durations thankfully.

I haven't used mushrooms in over 10 years, so it'd be hard to say I'm a huge fan of those either. Some of the bad trips I've had would line up with your opinions on them. I suppose if the drawbacks I listed aren't an issue for you, LSD could be the better way to go.

6 hours ago, What Am I said:

At least in my experience, the chances of feeling rundown and having a hangover are much higher with LSD. I put a ton of weight in that, because feeling crappy from substance use puts a pause on my spiritual pursuits and my life in general. Coincidentally, I also abused stimulants a lot when I was younger, and I felt the crash from it so many times. That's the reason I won't stand for it now. I don't drink coffee or touch anything that's stimulating. It's unpleasant whenever I do, and my aim is to run on my own steam.

Another major drawback is the long duration. I'm almost exactly Leo's age if his bio is to be believed. I don't know if he'd agree, but I think it gets more difficult to find time for a full day of tripping when you're not as much of a young fella. My current favorite psychedelics have much shorter durations thankfully.

I haven't used mushrooms in over 10 years, so it'd be hard to say I'm a huge fan of those either. Some of the bad trips I've had would line up with your opinions on them. I suppose if the drawbacks I listed aren't an issue for you, LSD could be the better way to go.

No I agree with your assessment and am also a stimulant recoverying person. 

I guess I believe that the feeling of rundown/zapped out/drained after is healing, I could be completely wrong on this but as per the other thread, I think th D1/2/3/4 agonism is helping to heal and regenerate the dopamine receptors and this is a good thing. It takes a few days after to recovery but all deep healing is like this.

Of course the science and data is no where near on this and theres alot of blind optimism on my side, but I did research with gpt 4o, and there is data to suggest dopaminergic agonists can heal and resensitize the receptors.

Further theres people who have not abused dopamine, who dont have this seem zapped out feeling I do, whcih I furhter take as a  sign of healing. Ive been abusing internet, ornography, cocaine etc for alot fo my childhood, adolescence and adulthood in different periods

The duration of LSD makes it really great for creative work, lots of time to generate and write down ideas while you're in a free-flowing state. Though for this purpose the visuals might become a bit of a hassle as you'll have letters jumping around and such, making it difficult to read, paint, etc.

Even for classical tripping the duration isn't that big of deal IMO. Worst case scenario if I get bored of the plateau I just pop a benzo and it stops fast, then a nice sleep with muscle relaxation. Also somehow I never managed to break through to the highest levels of God consciousness on LSD, even at a large dose of 2250ug. Some higher planes of existense for sure, but nowhere near the top. 

As someone immune to the 5-MeO series, my top for consciousness work, in no particular order, is 4-HO-MiPT, 3-HO-PCP, and 2C-E 

Whichever way you turn, there is the face of God