DreamMachine

I feel like I’m the luckiest person

8 posts in this topic

Most of my life I have been a victim. Struggling with depression a social anxiety. All through school I would not speak. I just couldn’t. I can recall a lot of cringe worthy moments. Although I’m still ackward socially, I’ve changed a lot. But now and days I just feel lucky. I like the person who my struggles lead me to be. I’m kind, empathetic, and can easily make deep bonds with people. Cause I listen more then speak. My fear of socializing lead me down a more creative path. Writing and watching movies and studying storytelling. Also developing  a hyper awareness around me making the world more colorful. So much creative beauty I’m a  sad  a lot of people miss. But most of all I feel super lucky to of found all these resources to improve my life at only 20(now 23) from books, to Leo videos and the life perpose course and other things as well. There’s so many things to do. No time anymore to dwell on why My life sucks. My life is as great as I make it. there to much to do and learn for the rest of my life. It’s all in my hands. I’m not going to waste it.

That is a beautiful story. Thank you for sharing it. You brightened up my day ? 

1 hour ago, DreamMachine said:

Most of my life I have been a victim. Struggling with depression a social anxiety. All through school I would not speak. I just couldn’t. I can recall a lot of cringe worthy moments. Although I’m still ackward socially, I’ve changed a lot. But now and days I just feel lucky. I like the person who my struggles lead me to be. I’m kind, empathetic, and can easily make deep bonds with people. Cause I listen more then speak. My fear of socializing lead me down a more creative path. Writing and watching movies and studying storytelling. Also developing  a hyper awareness around me making the world more colorful. So much creative beauty I’m a  sad  a lot of people miss. But most of all I feel super lucky to of found all these resources to improve my life at only 20(now 23) from books, to Leo videos and the life perpose course and other things as well. There’s so many things to do. No time anymore to dwell on why My life sucks. My life is as great as I make it. there to much to do and learn for the rest of my life. It’s all in my hands. I’m not going to waste it.

Awesome man.

That is right, you could have been born blind, born in the worst part of Africa or China, born physically disabled, born without any senses, etc. Life is too beautiful to dwell on your personal problems.

I have a similar story as well, quiet and socially awkward throughout elementary and highschool, but those struggles lead me to learn to improve my life in every way possible. I'd definitely say it all was a blessing in disguise. I honestly don't think I would work to improve my life as much if I was born in a rich family, naturally great with girls, etc.

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

Nice!

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.