Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Green Examples Mega-Thread

2,076 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, ivory said:

I wonder how it affects a person's mind.

Going through recovery after transgender surgeries looked really painful. I would not recommend it unless you absolutely have to go through the surgeries.

An introductory speech regarding the purpose of the civil disobedience movement of Extinction Rebellion. I highly recommend this speech to people who struggle with listening/hearing someone's message based on the speaker's appearance. The parrot is probably her spirit animal but she is definitely not parroting. Her speech is well constructed and can serve as a really good summary of stage green's preoccupation and worldview. IMO this seems like a healthy expression of green trying her best to enact change in policy and convey her message.

9 hours ago, Keyhole said:

Looks more like an example of a person who does not embrace their feminine side to me, rather than someone who is authentically expressing themselves, no?

Also, what is up with stage Orange. I really want to avoid it, but it seems like there is no way. It seems like stage Orange teaches you the lies that you are going to have to admit to yourself were lies in stage Green, no?

Finland's education system is ahead of its time! Has a lot of green and even some yellow systemic approaches to education. This is far beyond traditional stage orange schools most of us are familiar with growing up in the US, Canada, England, etc.

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

Anita Sarkisian is a great example of Stage Green SJW-type:

And the whole GamerGate reaction against her is mostly grounded in stage Blue/Orange.

GamerGate is a great example of how Tier 1 fights with itself, not able to understand each other. Each side feels self-righteous and therefore unable to learn from the other side.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Anita Sarkisian is a great example of Stage Green SJW-type:

I liked watching girls' ass in the video. She seems to want to censor any piece of art that emphasizes female body parts that men find sexually appealing.

I think that's like banning murder, alcohol, or car driving in games and other forms of art rather than encouraging people to be more responsible with human lives, alcohol, or their cars.

By the way, I also loved https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhunt_(video_game) and GTA 5 and artistic gores.

Edited by CreamCat

1 hour ago, CreamCat said:

I liked watching girls' ass in the video. She seems to want to censor any piece of art that emphasizes female body parts that men find sexually appealing.

I think that's like banning murder, alcohol, or car driving in games and other forms of art rather than encouraging people to be more responsible with human lives, alcohol, or their cars.

That's because you're looking at it from a Stage Orange, selfish perspective. As long as it makes your dick hard, you're good. But there are other concerns.

For example, have you considered how such overly-sexualized depictions affect the self-esteem of young girls? What if you had a daughter and she grew up with self-esteem problems because her tits did not look like those of Tomb Raider? Then you, as the father, would have to deal with that.

Sarkisian's point is not that all sexuality should be banned, but that things are overly-sexualized in ways which are designed to cater to men's desires, and that women are not fairly depicted as they really are, but as men want them to be for their sexual gratification.

How would you feel if all video games were made to please the desires of butch lesbians? You wouldn't like it. How would you feel if all guys in video games were depicted with giant dicks, making your girlfriend ask you, "Why is your dick so small?"

See, when the shoe is on the other foot, you start to cry and whine about how unfair things are. But when things are skewed in your favor, you think it's great and there is no problem.

I'm not saying Sarkisian never goes too far. She's certainly stuck in unhealthy Green. But the problem is that you still don't understand her. Which is a problem not for her, but for you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

43 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That's because you're looking at it from a Stage Orange, selfish perspective. As long as it makes your dick hard, you're good. But there are other concerns.

For example, have you considered how such overly-sexualized depictions affect the self-esteem of young girls? What if you had a daughter and she grew up with self-esteem problems because her tits did not look like those of Tomb Raider? Then you, as the father, would have to deal with that.

Sarkisian's point is not that all sexuality should be banned, but that things are overly-sexualized in ways which are designed to cater to men's desires, and that women are not fairly depicted as they really are, but as men want them to be for their sexual gratification.

How would you feel if all video games were made to please the desires of butch lesbians? You wouldn't like it. How would you feel if all guys in video games were depicted with giant dicks, making your girlfriend ask you, "Why is your dick so small?"

See, when the shoe is on the other foot, you start to cry and whine about how unfair things are. But when things are skewed in your favor, you think it's great and there is no problem.

I'm not saying Sarkisian never goes too far. She's certainly stuck in unhealthy Green. But the problem is that you still don't understand her. Which is a problem not for her, but for you

But Leo...

So you are saying that just because women might feel bad because everywhere  in video games, magazines etc there are hot women such depictions of women should be reduced. But should we act in such a manner, just to please young girls? Or my daughter if I had one?

If I had a daughter, then I would let her be sad because  for some reason she is not 10/10 as women are depicted  in magazines. In fact, most  people are not 10/10. It is something that they should come to terms with.

And even if you , or Sarkisian wiped away all such depictions from art, would you think that would solve this problem?
No, there will still be attractive women out there, be it from movies , like may be the hottest actresses also happen to be the most successful ones, and she will still feel jealous. She will see that the hottest girl of her class is getting the most attention. Again she will feel jealous. Should I as the father wipe out the hot girl of her class too?

I don't think this problem of feeling inadequate is something that can be solved by wiping out  things like art of beautiful women, advertisement, games, people , etc that can make you or my daughter self conscious. But rather by coming to terms with it.

I know that there are  guys with larger dicks then me, I know that some girls might want larger dicks , but still I am in terms with it. I I am not going to wipe out ads, I am not going to kill dudes who have larger dicks than me so I am jealous of them. Whether such ideas are promoted in ads or not, that does not change the situation, just because there are such ads doesn't mean other guys won't get laid, just  because there are ads doesn't mean biology will change, girls will like whoever they will like and fall in love with whoever they want to fall in love. Ads cannot change biology of attraction. 

And if I feel sad because nature has given larger dicks to some guys and not to others, so be it.

And same should be the attitude of women, daugthers etc, instead of doing things like-
Saying obesity is okay. Promoting  fat fashion models.
Wiping out ads of beautiful women etc.

Edited by Ibn Sina

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy