Inner conflict regarding consciousness

MarkusSweden
By MarkusSweden in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God,
Why is it so impossible to formulate what consciousness is with help of the (analytical) mind.  I end up with 'nothingness' as the best description of what consciousness is.  Consciousness doesn't impress me from the analytical mind's point of view. And really, if some authority in spirituality, art or science would like to fool me and say that consciousness doesn't exist using good persuasive arguments, I would probably let myself be influenced by those arguments, and I might think to myself.. That's one side of the coin.  Other times, often when I contemplating spontaneously, often when I am all alone, maybe I'm running in the forrest or do some other activity, or when I just do nothing at all. Anyway, then it might happen, I'm become strucked with my own intuition, and I go something like.. Now, mind and intuition have kind of polar opposite take on consciousness, one side(mind) might even not admit that there is something as consciousness/awareness, where as the other side, the intuitive side, can go crazy about consciousness, and recall it as something infinitely mysterious, something truly Godly.  Two different takes on the same subject to say the least, why is that do you think?  Is mind too stupid to grasp what consciousness is, or is the intuitive side of me too naive, maybe it even fool myself completely? 
  • 1 reply