sleeperstakes

How to interact with "normal" people

11 posts in this topic

So i know it sounds like a kind of bizarre question but bring so wrapped up in this work you forget that most people don't care about improving their life or becoming more concious. How do y'all talk to the 99% of people who don't self actualise, and are only interested in things like money, women, short term gratification, drinking etc. It's fine to have the inner side of personal development and spirituality worked out, but most of us are working and living in the real world where we encounter people with low aspirations. How are you supposed to connect with people if their values are directly opposed to yours, it's difficult to lie about whats important, but if you don't it risks alienating most people, which in the end will leave you isolated and only able to interact with people interested in the same things you are. Anyone got any solutions?

@Feel Good if you have no values, how can you orient yourself in the world?

I think the issue is more rejecting those who's values conflict with my own, and not being able to be a little more adaptable. 

In social dynamics I hear people often talk about "staying in line with your values" and radical honesty, yet shifting values (which seems like the right thing to do) appears to go against this. Is it just that it's only a partial truth?

That's something to think about though.

I know what you mean, and it's also difficult to not think that we are "ahead" of people who don't give a hoot about waking up from the dream. I've said goodbye to a few friends with whom I don't have much in common any longer. Other of my friends are more open minded, so even though they aren't pursuing the same things as I am, they are at least curious and can see that it makes me a better person, so they're cool about it and we still have a good relationship.

I doubt that helped answer your questions, but just an amen from others might help some.   :)

What has helped me is read chimpanzee politics and our inner ape by frans de weal. Just understand that people are no different than you and you accept all people without trying to trying to convince them or persuade them because they perfect the way and they mission in life. Some people's mission to hurt others, some people's mission to alleviate others pain...etc. This will give you charisma and make you lovable. Avoid talking anything deep with people unless they show interest but reveal as little as possible so that they don't you look like you are insane or stupid (when in reality this applies to them!). 

Accept and surrender to the cosmic and universal power. The cosmic consciousness that created everything(also known as nothingness or allah or god or Yahweh or everything or supreme or The I am or any name) denied by logical positivist(scientists) has set the destiny for others to behave the way they behave. The cosmic consciousness pick specific people and deliberately block others. That's how its always been. The supreme consciousness speak in Leos tongue to reveal sacred knowledge to you and me and other priviledged self-actualizers while many people don't want it. You have freedom of choice to choose at particular instant and circumstance what to choose and do and how do you behave but you can't choose your circumstances that fall upon you. 

1.Accept all people for who they are even if they totally have different values to the point of  annoying you

2.Understand you are social animal and part of your health is socializing and if you are uninterested You have two ears and one mouth so that you can listen more and speak less

3.If you truly want to influence those people and help them succeed, then you need to become a prophet of the consciousness. Learn how to be charismatic and leader. People will simply not listen to you if you are in same level as they are or below. Prophet work is very tough, preaching is very tough. What leo is doing is unacceptable for most people except the open minded. Most of my cousins and family members  hate leo when I sent his videos in our family group, they started schooling me on how he is wrong and evil and I should stay away from him because he will wash my brain.

rest is yours to find out,

"Whatsoever is on it (the earth) will perish. And The Face of your Lord Full of Majesty and Honour will remain forever❤️" Quran: Surat Ar-Rahman (The Merciful)

"We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient"?Quran: Suratal Al-baqarah (The Cow)

I know how you feel. One time I took LSD at a party - biggest mistake ever. I became aware that it was precisely where I was NOT meant to be. Everybody was in groups, all looking exactly the same (fashion trends), talking about drama gossip and nonsense. I had absolutely nothing to say to these people. But actually, I had everything to say - only if they wanted to listen. 

I couldn't relate to them that night because I was trippin balls. But when I'm sober and I'm talking with ordinary people, I just ask questions about themselves. People love talking about themselves, so just ask them questions about who they are and what they do, and listen. You don't even need to say a word - just listen. Even if you aren't interested in their petty things, still listen. Very few people these days know how to listen. And so if you really listen to people and what they want to say, they will be so thankful, and will consider you a trustworthy person and a friend. Later on, they might see that you are a thriving yet humble human being, and the daring will want to discover more. 

Also if you watched Leo's video on the matter, it could be a case of sameness vs difference. See the samenesses you have with these people, and you might be able to relate a bit better. You might be surprised. 

Edited by St Clair

I agree with you st clair. People will love you if you listen more and talk less. People love hearing people listening to them without jumping to unwanted help or advice, flatter others lightly, encourage others. Remember Two ears and one mouth. You may run occasionally to people who diplomats who are rare who will out listen you with silence. Remember You can talk with others on most matters but there are matters you have to watch out talking about depending on country you live in but general rules of thumb for strangers and even family and friends:

No complains about your life

No politics

No religion

No self-help unless asked and first test the person's paradigm and open-mindedness to make its safe 

No criticism

no talking about career aspiration(depend on person to not draw envy and hate)

No talking about past relationships(indicates your not in control or expose your weaknesses to be exploited by others to be used against your rep in future feud and confrontation)

no talking about one-sided topics (learn the give me and I give you back game in conversation)

no talking about personal health issues (this is weakness for others to exploit or disgust)

No talking about psychedelic and drugs(test for open mindedness and safety)

No gossiping about others(this paint you in dark matter)

Topics you can talk about:

Food

Fashion

Music

Cars

Sport

electronics

travelling

celebrity gossips

art

languages

movies

anime

cartoons

school

work( not too much)

If you read political books like the prince, dictator handbook, chimpanzee politics, our inner ape, thick face black heart, 48 laws of power and art of worldly wisdom. You would keep Leo to yourself like I do. It simply too dangerous to fuck up with people's constructed reality unless you are sure nothing serious will happen to you.

Edited by Your place at Heart

"Whatsoever is on it (the earth) will perish. And The Face of your Lord Full of Majesty and Honour will remain forever❤️" Quran: Surat Ar-Rahman (The Merciful)

"We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient"?Quran: Suratal Al-baqarah (The Cow)

6 minutes ago, Your place at Heart said:

I agree with you st clair. People will love you if you listen more and talk less. People love hearing people listening to them without jumping to unwanted help or advice, flatter others lightly, encourage others. Remember Two ears and one mouth. You may run occasionally to people who diplomats who are rare who will out listen you with silence. Remember You can talk with others on most matters but there are matters you have to watch out talking about depending on country you live in but general rules of thumb for strangers and even family and friends:

No complains about your life

No politics

No religion

No self-help unless asked and first test the person's paradigm and open-mindedness to make its safe 

No criticism

no talking about career aspiration(depend on person to not draw envy and hate)

No talking about past relationships(indicates your not in control or expose your weaknesses to be exploited by others to be used against your rep in future feud and confrontation)

no talking about one-sided topics (learn the give me and I give you back game in conversation)

no talking about personal health issues (this is weakness for others to exploit or disgust)

No talking about psychedelic and drugs(test for open mindedness and safety)

No gossiping about others(this paint you in dark matter)

Topics you can talk about:

Food

Fashion

Music

Cars

Sport

electronics

travelling

celebrity gossips

art

languages

If you read political books like the prince, dictator handbook, chimpanzee politics, our inner ape, thick face black heart, 48 laws of power and art of worldly wisdom. You would keep Leo to yourself like I do. It simply too dangerous to fuck up with people's constructed reality unless you are sure nothing serious will happen to you.

I love your post. It remembers me a famous book written by Dale Canergie.

Studying how to become a spiral wizard may help as well.

I don't have a solution to add but I have the same concern. The only time I really feel at peace is when I'm in a mystical mindset (which happens once every month or two) where all my anger towards them disappears and all I want to do is save their souls.

I have permanently locked myself out of my account to force myself to focus on my work. Goodbye.

Don't judge and it will be easy to love others.

The problem on the spiritual path is judgement.

Also , ask yourself "what do I need from this person?".  Are you trying to fulfill a need of loneliness or boredom through them? That's a trap.

If you don't need anything from them, they will be easy to talk to , no matter how frivolous their path seems.

23 hours ago, sleeperstakes said:

How to interact with "normal" people?

@sleeperstakes 
Interactions with others are a problem only when you actually believe that you are making progress with your self-development.
Making progress with self-development is like trying to outrun others in a row of treadmills in the gym.

Nobody can help you with your self-development.
If you understand that, then there is no reason to talk about it.
If you still want to talk about it, then it means that you don't have anything to talk about besides self-development.
If that is the case, then you probably should think whether you should be talking at all.
Is the silence making you uncomfortable?
Or is it that you're projecting your uncomfortability onto others and justifying your need for conversation?

Stop watching the news and learn them from 'normal people'. Stop watching weather and enjoy the weather talks.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@sleeperstakes drop the "i'm so special" belief.

we're all brothers and sisters, born from father and mother and walking towards the same fate.

unborn Truth