MarkusSweden

What's the easiest way to end mental masturbation?

49 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Faceless said:

Just because this can perpetuate the false sense of division-duality. To put more emphasis on one sensation or another creates an imbalance in the necessary harmony needed to “transcend” that false division. 

If you observe very closely, you will see that when “the thinker” focuses on a particular thought, sensation, feeling, as a result there is an induced domination of one over active sensation, feeling, thought, over the others, in which nourishes the movement of division-identification,(self). 

If you go into this very deeply you will see that to not sustain this movement of identification, there must be a total harmony between feelings, thought, and the senses.

To see the futility in contributing to domination of (the one, over the other), or (the one, over the others).

All this movement of exclusion, only perpetuates the movement of desire, (fear), in which is a the followed pursuit of pleasure, gratification, satisfaction, through the image we have invented as a means of capturing and maintaining psychological security-satisfaction.

All of this preserves the division that the perciever is distinct from that which is perceives, which ultimately fuels mental masterbation, which could be said to be the product of compulsive thinking. 

It's just a shift of focus from mind to the body. It doesn't feed the self, actually it gives less attention to it.

To mentally masturbate is to focus on thoughts. You're saying that focus on the senses fuels mental masturbation. How is that so?

7 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

It's just a shift of focus from mind to the body. It doesn't feed the self, actually it gives less attention to it.

I understand why you say this my friend. ??

Can we see that to shift focus on one part is a movement of mind. That’s what “mind” or (thought-thinker) does; it separates, fragments, cuts “things” to pieces, just as the self separates “itself” from mind, (thought). It excludes certain parts to concentrate on a particaul part. 

Or that any movement of exclusion, choosing, implies (reaction-action), influenced by this dualistic notion that there is a concentrator, focus’er, thinker? 

Can we see that focus, concentration, direction, remains and sustains mind-the thinker?

7 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

To mentally masturbate is to focus on thoughts. You're saying that focus on the senses fuels mental masturbation. How is that so?

I’m simply saying that focusing on one part(exclusion), is actually a subtle movement of mental activity(thought). We may not notice this though. It’s not easily noticed as we, “the i”, feels distinctively seperate from mental activity-thought. Look and you will see my friend ??

Edited by Faceless

6 hours ago, Artaemis said:

@Faceless

Woah. Dude. I feel like I understand you. Brilliant. 

Sure, it would be understandable, as it is a common inner ongoing of (thought-thinker) and (experience-experiencer). :)

Edited by Faceless

Honestly, tell your self to shut up and give up. Surrender. Realize that your thoughts are literally full of shit, rest on a bunch of assumptions, and actually come from biased place.

It's hard to get to that place without a direct realization of it though. So... have you tried LSD? cause thats what did it for me. 

you just gotta run around in circles until you get so tired of it and realize how much it actually traps you vs freeing you and helping you see the truth.

Philosophy is cool to enhance models and concepts to help the mind understand or to communicate it, but otherwise its like trying to catch water with a bucket that has a hole in it. you gotta give yourself into Being, simple as that.

On 2018-08-12 at 4:24 PM, Faceless said:

Can we see that to shift focus on one part is a movement of mind. That’s what “mind” or (thought-thinker) does; it separates, fragments, cuts “things” to pieces, just as the self separates “itself” from mind, (thought). It excludes certain parts to concentrate on a particaul part. 

Thought can't focus on the other senses. Consciousness (or whatever you want to call it) is that which focus.

I do agree that thought cuts the given experience to pieces. Words are like that by nature. Thought are like that by nature. However that is not the same thing as focus.

Thought wants attention. It does not want to give away attention to the other senses because it needs the attention to prolong the illusion of self.

When we stop giving thought attention the illusion of self starts to fall apart.

On 2018-08-12 at 4:24 PM, Faceless said:

Or that any movement of exclusion, choosing, implies (reaction-action), influenced by this dualistic notion that there is a concentrator, focus’er, thinker? 

Can we see that focus, concentration, direction, remains and sustains mind-the thinker?

Focus and concentration does not sustain thought. It's when we lack focus and concentration that awareness dips down and thought start to appear. 

How would the human race have survived if we started to think about what we should eat for dinner when a wild animal attacked us?

@WelcometoReality

ok, but it may be wise to go into it a little more just to be sure. 

Maybe inventigate how concentration-focus, implies control which is a movement of fragmentation. Any movement of fragmentation will nourish division and sustain the mechanical movement of thought-thinker. This is a self feeding loop that gives itself continuity by thought seeking security in its own movement. 

We both could be wrong, so it’s always a good idea to see the significance in suspending our already accumulated assumptions. 

Good luck my friend??

Edited by Faceless

@Faceless I'd like to continue the discussion if you don't mind? Maybe we could continue in a private message to not hijack the thread more than we have already done?

10 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

@Faceless I'd like to continue the discussion if you don't mind? Maybe we could continue in a private message to not hijack the thread more than we have already done?

At the moment I am taking some time away from the forum, but when or if I do decide to continue, yes, it would be great to go into it with you. 

I am also 100% sure that @robdl understands this as well. Might want to contact him if you don’t want to wait. 

Wish you the best ??

6 minutes ago, Faceless said:

At the moment I am taking some time away from the forum, but when or if I do decide to continue, yes, it would be great to go into it with you. 

I am also 100% sure that @robdl understands this as well. Might want to contact him if you don’t want to wait. 

Wish you the best ??

We'll see then. Good luck in your endeavors.

@robdl if you have the time. Please contact me.