Psyche_92

Looking for small, easy, healthy high energy snacks

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm basically looking for something that i can snack on while i'm working. I spent a lot of time in the car, so preferably something small and easy.

25 minutes ago, Psyche_92 said:

Hello,

I'm basically looking for something that i can snack on while i'm working. I spent a lot of time in the car, so preferably something small and easy.

Nuts, dried fruits and regular fruits. That's what I use as snacks when on the go. Easy, healthy and nutritious.

10 minutes ago, RabbitHole said:

dried fruits

Any examples? Are dates and raisins good?

38 minutes ago, Psyche_92 said:

Any examples? Are dates and raisins good?

My favorites are dates, figs, apricots, but also raisins and dried berries are nice. They might be packed with sugar, but that's natural not processed sugar as in sweets so It's much healthier and they're full of great nutrients, like small portion can give you great energy boost as they are high calorie, high energy and pretty good nutriition wise too.. But what I actually do mostly is just preparing my meals in plastic boxes for next 1 or 2 days so I can have It ready anytime. That's more time, energy, money consuming, but waay healthier.

Edited by RabbitHole

4 minutes ago, RabbitHole said:

They might be packed with sugar, but that's natural not processed sugar as in sweets so It's much healthier and they're full of great nutrients

Yes, this is the main reason why i've been neglecting them. I love dates and raisins.

4 minutes ago, RabbitHole said:

But what I actually do mostly is just preparing my meals in plastic boxes for next 1 or 2 days so I can have It ready anytime.

Sounds like a good plan. Thanks for the tips!

put 250 grams of dates (pitted) in 200ml of water -> bring to boil and let them simmer for an hour. Blend the whole thing (with water) and you have a nice date jam. Keep it in a glass jar in your fridge and when needed get a spoonful or two for a quick hit of energy . 

Lasts around 5 days. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

45 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

put 250 grams of dates (pitted) in 200ml of water -> bring to boil and let them simmer for an hour. Blend the whole thing (with water) and you have a nice date jam. Keep it in a glass jar in your fridge and when needed get a spoonful or two for a quick hit of energy . 

Lasts around 5 days. 

Cool idea. I will try it out.