Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
28 cm unbuffed

Should I even pursue enlightenment right now?

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys. So my situation right now is like this : 

I got interested about self-development about year ago and i managed to change a lot of things in my life. My anxiety is almost no existant, I'm meditating, running, exercising, doing basic kriya exercises, cleaned up my diet, read a lot etc. 

BUT.. I still work in a job that I'm not really passionate about, I have no girlfriend, I don't like the way I look.

My question is : should i first get those things to satisfy my ego, or vice versa : get more conscious and more consciousness will help me to deal with those things as well? How does consciousness work really apply to Maslov's hierarchy of needs?

It's tricky, because without consciousness I can just run after girls to "find the perfect one" my whole life and never satisfy my ego. On the other hand I can't just fool my nature and skip those steps.

I'm asking all these questions because these are the things that i want to do in my future year : 

Morning : meditation, kriya, running, reading

Work

After work : Start training martial arts (for cognitive benefits) and learn to play violin (also for cognitive benefits)

Not sure if I got it right, but since after doing Leo's life purpose course I still have no idea what I want to do with my life (I did it like half of year ago), I got an idea that I will do whatever I can to improve my intelligence (since it's the main factor for success in live and maybe it will help me to figure out my life purpose)  + I will try to improve my consciousness to deal with all the ego backlashes better by the time I will finally find "IT".

What do you guys think? Any advice would be golden.

Knowing what I do now, I’d *almost* do life all over again......in consciousness!

Way more fun.

@28 cm unbuffed Only you can know what you need or don't need.

But whatever you decide, I recommended you keep a habit of Kriya yoga, or meditation, or self-inquiry going. Even if just 30 minutes per day. That will slowly eat away at the ego and after some years your desires will naturally turn towards enlightenment.

Psychedelic trips once a month is also a great habit.

If you can't muster the courage to approach enlightenment head on, do it sideways through baby habits.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Wanting to know Truth is not enough.
If you need to know it like it's eating at you from the inside out night and day and even if it kills you you're willing to die to know it,then I'd say you're ready.:)

"willing to die to know it" doesn't mean physical suicide either. That's a cop out reserved only for elite pussbags who can't stand themselves and don't deserve to even sniff the sweet taint of truth.

Edited by Big Guru Balls

If your name is on the guest list, No one can take you higher
Everybody says I've got... great balls of fire!