Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SoonHei

Place-less Place of Perception | Am I understanding this correctly?

11 posts in this topic

Was listening to Rupert Spira yesterday and something deeper clicked all of a sudden... I have listened to him before but didn't think of perception in this way before.

Rupert often says, where does "seeing" take place or where does "sound" take place? Same thing with "sensation" etc.

Note: did not have any direct experience - but a deeper understanding which has brought me closer.

So, I thought about it this way: What I see in-front of my eyes, my entire visual field, I think it exists "out there" - outside of me. But if you take the understanding of science to help - what happens is that light is reflected off the objects and enters my eye which sends the information/signal to the brain where it is perceived.

Where is that information/signal which goes to the brain stored/registered or viewed from? Where is that visual field occurring? It is occurring "inside of me" or in my brain as a materialist would say.

I feel I finally understand it (much closer to the Truth than before) the seeing/hearing/touching/sensing - even my body, which all I know about is thru these senses, it appears in that field.

So all that appears in my field, is made up of my field - my knowing... ME. this is how the awakened ones, see that it is all them, all created of the output of the 5+ senses and resulting into the experience.

All is one because all there is, is perception and that perception is all made up of my knowing - and what is my knowing made up of? it is made up of itself. it is, itself. self-aware.

the level beyond this is out of my grasp (maybe that level can only be understood upon direct experience) - the fact that there is a knower of all of this, there is a knower of the knowing of the direct experience. 

all of this is more clearer as a concept/image in my head but here was my attempt to put it into words

now, just gotta get that direct experience to see how so wrong i was lol but for now, this is good as i feel this was a step higher than where i was before

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

damn @cetus56

i have not

i guess i will see this tonight - with some thought boosters aka the green stuff.

thanks for this. do share more if you've got sir :) thanks!

Love Is The Answer

2 hours ago, SoonHei said:

What I see in-front of my eyes

Include your eyes and brain with that. 

Where is that information

There isn’t any if you’ve included your eyes & brain. Ego does not like talking about the brain like this. 

thru these senses

Throw them in too. 

All is one because all there is, is perception

The illusion is so perfect, it seems as if you are a seperate thing, perceiving seperate ‘perceivable’ things. Maybe contemplate the magnitude of intelligence which could create a caterpillar/butterfly. 

there is a knower

That would mean there is something to be known (presently unknown), and a second entity which knows what a first entity doesn’t know, to offer (or not) the knowledge. It’s infinite though. Knowledge is finite / part of your illusion.

all of this is more clearer as a concept/image in my head but here was my attempt to put it into words

I think you’re on the right track and doing great. Your foundation is pretty solid imo. Psychadelics any one? 

We all have a ‘faslity’ radar...doubt, fear, anger, jealousy, envy...listen to the radar. Do the counterintuitive thing, and sit quietly when these arise, and direct the awareness away from the outward thing which “caused” the emotion, and direct it inward; self inquire as to why am I reacting this way? Why don’t I like that? This helps in discovering falsities. Meditation is great to slow things down, making that process easier. Developed focus & concentration help to minimize distraction and stay the self inquiry course. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm thank you for the breakdown and the last paragraph as well

i have had moments when i fully surrender and smile while suppressing my anger caused by whatever emotion/state/happening

but then, since i am new to it, i have had pressure-cooker type moments when all the emotions i was supressing, come out. it's like a fit of rage lol... then i find myself reflecting on it after or almost, during the moment too, but i can hear myself telling me that this is ok. channel out the anger. you need it. the person on your recieving end deserves it etc lol

it's all good. you live and you learn

and no. no phsydeliccs. only w33d thus far.

and some artificial w33d i think which i got from my convicincence store - didnt end up in a good state after that. had a blackout but was screaming or something.. kinda like that flakka stuff but much much less intense (still was pretty crazy)

unusre if my soul can handle full on pshucdellics like shrooms, lsd , DMT yet... never done those... gonna work my way up 1st internally via meditation and just reading and learning with Leo and all of you , <3

Love Is The Answer

@SoonHei Makes great sense to me. Slow & steady was more my style too.    Careful not to double up too / don’t indentify with what is arising. Just witness it. Love it. That probably sounds far-right in the love sense, but next time you get mad, just love that guy who’s mad right now. Adorbs. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

epic. thanks for sharing. 

and slow and steady learning also because i feel if it's all given to me, all at once, i might lose my mind or go thru those dark patches people report...

i want to slowly learn, channel the hidden emotions, have them pass out of me... 

Love Is The Answer

Is the Center of the brain, is the Pineal, everything is already there, even before it happened. 

3 hours ago, cetus56 said:

In Russia, when they stab the real hand, the guy still doesn't flinch.

;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.