Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
M B

Could it be cruel living according to the moto "follow your joy"?

8 posts in this topic

I noticed that there are few people in this world, who are so thirsty and hungry for the moment, to experience the now joyfully whatever the inner/outer circumstances are . TO FEEL THE GLORY OF THE MOMENT, this sounds positive and all good, but during shadow work proccess, one would defenitily start recognising how amusing it is to dance with the devils. 

Especially when one surrender thyself to nature and act intuitively. 

59 minutes ago, M B said:

Could it be cruel living according to the moto "follow your joy"?

You are told to love your neighbor. And a person who has not loved himself, who is not joyful, how can he love the neighbor? If you are joyful, you will make others joyful.

There is such a thing as being joyful in the wrong circumstances. An extreme one would be right after someone is hit by a car.

2 hours ago, Dogsbestfriend said:

There is such a thing as being joyful in the wrong circumstances. An extreme one would be right after someone is hit by a car.

Technically, you can still be joyful.... joyful that you weren't killed, joyful that you were given a new perspective on life.  It may hurt for a while but you don't HAVE to let it upset you. 

It is not cruel as long as as it isn't on the expense of others. Permanent joy fullness comes after Self-realization without any exception. How can he not be joyful when he has realized the immortal Self/Soul within, or God. But he will still suffer because he sees that the whole world suffers, the whole world lives in ignorance because it has not realized the Self, except a few. But then again as he grows in wisdom and age, he will see trough all of that as well, he will see that which matters the most. Suffering will not reach him anymore, just like the vast mind cannot touch him anymore.

I don't feel the need to be joyful all the time. I don't have that need nor would I want it. And striving for that will just be another obstacle as it's a desire clouding your mind. 

The beauty of joy cannot be premeditated. 

This sounds like desire pursuing pleasure through thought. Fear evading itself and seeking pleasure to end that fear. Desire, pleasure, fear, all the movement of the i seeking security in time (to become psychologically secure) 

psychological becoming prevents the beauty of joy. 

Edited by Faceless

Don’t turn it into an ideology.  Follow your bliss doesn’t mean you ideologically cling to that.  It just means that you slowly accept your authentic self and authentic life.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor