Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Yellow Examples Mega-Thread

1,206 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Matt1576 said:

@Reciprocality Perhaps I've misunderstood what you were saying, but I don't believe that acknowledging the interconnectedness between the goals is the same as saying they're all equal in importance. You can have a hierarchy and prioritise the goals whilst also realising that making progress on one goal can also have an impact on other goals. 

Well then it seems we agree, only i would claim the interconnectedness is implicit in the green consciousness.

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

Intelligence without wisdom is not true intelligence.

We have a severe lack of intelligence within politics and even science.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Higher wisdom is better than higher truth.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

4 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Higher wisdom is better than higher truth.

Whats the difference?

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

22 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Intelligence without wisdom is not true intelligence.

We have a severe lack of intelligence within politics and even science.

Because there is too much trust in data. The data that is presented by all sides is usually correct, but it removes context or stretches the truth to back up a pre-established argument. How to lie with statistics is a good book on it.

Of course data, information, and even knowledge is not intelligence.

People confuse knowledge for intelligence. As if reading a bunch of books = intelligence

Memorizing facts and figures is the opposite of intelligence.

I love Chomsky, he sees right through the naive Orange fantasies. In this interview, he completely destroys the tech bro myth of neural link and artificial intelligence. In all honesty, Neural Networks are only a small step from brute-forcing a problem, to call it intelligence is to bastardize the word. Science and Tech are truly at the beginning of the Dunning–Kruger curve - no understanding of systems, language, learning, wisdom, intuition etc. It's quick to equate intelligence with a clever engineering trick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMscNuSUy0I&ab_channel=LexFridman&t=1005

Edited by Arthur

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

Jordan Peterson finally acknowledges Ken Wilber. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

Dr. K is a twitch-streaming psychologist who incorporates a decent amount of spirituality in his content (he trained as a monk before studying at Harvard). There's too much to just post one video, so instead, I'll post his channel

https://www.youtube.com/c/HealthyGamerGG

Every time he talks to someone (he normally talks to big streamers/YouTubers) he seems completely focused on understanding their perspective, and finding solutions that work within it, no matter who it is. It's very nice to watch.

On 11/11/2020 at 11:31 PM, Rilles said:

Jordan Peterson finally acknowledges Ken Wilber. 

So Kermit is a communist?

I wanna smoke him ;)

Dr. Cornell West embodies this stage beautifully! Study him if you're trying to move into Yellow.

Edited by WonderSeeker

Not sure if Bertrand Russel has been mentioned on this thread or not, but here he offers a Yellow perspective on the philosophy of Friedrich Nietzsche (whose philosophy is a Red/Orange deconstruction of Blue).

Near the end of the clip, he uses a thought experiment of an imagined conversation between Nietzsche and the Budda as a framework for exploring the ethical ramifications of Nietzsche's philosophy. 

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

@DocWatts Yep, Nietzsche is an overrated self-aggrandizer. He thought a lot and did discover some truth like Will and vitalism as fundamental in reality, but he didn't understand a lot.