Steven

Did You Ever Fall In Love And Never Got over It?

12 posts in this topic

I have been wondering if there are any people here who had met someone ‘special’ and went into the relationship  with all of their heart. Only later the whole thing didn’t work out... found another relationship, or got married and even had kids... And despite all of this they still think about the ‘special’ one?

Yes.  Whatever...

Not fun.

i would not want to be with them again..realistically, but,

....I like to think my soul mate just wore their "suit" and I will still be with my soul mate, I just gotta find them in the next "suit" they are in....

...yeah it's hard getting over missing the last "suit" they were in...but know the next one will be better... Trust them and yourself..

work on your attachment issues..

let go...and something better will arrive in your life...

It would be nice to see more people here start to realise they are there own soulmate.. :)

Those outside of us are just different perspective that remind us of the possibilities..

Just for giggles.. can someone explain what is the feeling or emotion of a soulmate??

Lets dig into it..!! And see what a soulmate really is..

I think the problem is that we tend to idealize "what could have been". The relationship may not have been as great as you imagine. It is easy to build someone up in your mind & imagine that they were perfect for you, when in reality, it's just wishful thinking. If you truly were so good together, why didn't it work out? You are forgetting the negative sides of the relationship and idealizing the positive.

9 hours ago, Will said:

It would be nice to see more people here start to realise they are there own soulmate.. :)

Those outside of us are just different perspective that remind us of the possibilities..

Just for giggles.. can someone explain what is the feeling or emotion of a soulmate??

Lets dig into it..!! And see what a soulmate really is..

Lmao exactly. A soul mate is usually described as someone who compliments you perfectly. You think the same way & finish each other's sentences. You "might as well be one person". You "complete" each other. Of course, that is the most popular definition of a soul mate.

@shouldnt

So if you complete each other, you should be incomplete in the first place ;), which is not correct. 

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

@Galyna uhm no the point is that people usually want someone to "complete" them but that is not what they should do because they should be complete by themselves...and be with someone because they enrich their life not because they "need" them.

@shouldnt

"uhm no the point is that "

I understand the point :)  and if we dig deeper, there is no centered entity there, at the first place, "to be complete" per se ;) 

Edited by Galyna

@shouldnt @Galyna each person only experiences a small subset of reality we call it perspective.. so others perspective are invaluable as it broadens our own. It is impossible to experience it all on our own given the limitations of our senses and time ect.. so its really handy to have access to lots of different perspectives.. It does not complete us at all in any way, but the exchange is invaluable..

Think more along the lines of,,, we synergize our differences,,, rather than,,, compliment each other..

the very nature of our existence is that we live in a body with few senses and limited access to the whole story.. I have not been enlightened and I dont know how much extra perspective this gives you, I imagine its just a teaser for how much we are missing. I dont think we can be complete or even should be.. we are far too busy just making the best of what we have.. I think this should be good enough..

From my perspective enlightenment is not a goal. it is more like medicine.. helps you to realise that there is so much more and not get bogged down .. its always there reminding us of how much is out there.. 

for me it makes more sense to be the best i can be. is being enlightened the best I can be I dont know.. hahaha I guess an enlightened person could let us know??

5 hours ago, Will said:

I dont think we can be complete or even should be.. we are far too busy just making the best of what we have.. I think this should be good enough.

True...

I really admire your perspective ^_^

Think more along the lines of,,, we synergize our differences,,, rather than,,, compliment each other..

In this context, I would recommend to question the word “we”.