M B

To what extenct are we connected with each other ?

13 posts in this topic

According to the first and third hermetic principles, that everything is mental and everything vibrates and in motion. 

this means if this is well understood, known and put in practice, one would be able to control his own mental vibration as well as others, not only that but step into the infinite intelligence of the living Mind.  

I can't help myself but question how far could we unravel the unconscious and become aware of the vibrations to connect with the self, whether it is on an individualistic or a tribalistic level.

when I think about it from a Jungian perspective, it all comes down to the nature of things, in other words to the collective unconscious.

the idea that everyone is connected fascinates me and terrifies me at the same time, which is the way it should be. it makes me wonder what does privacy mean ? 

Have you ever had situation where you connect to someone to the level where you do not have to talk , you can feel and understand each other?

@purerogue yep, it is part of my question, I mean it could be done consciously i guess, and it could be the case that there are no limits to our human connections, and all the boundaries are built and destroyed by us. 

this could definitely be subjectively true but is it also objectively?

2 minutes ago, M B said:

@purerogue yep, it is part of my question, I mean it could be done consciously i guess, and it could be the case that there are no limits to our human connections, and all the boundaries are built and destroyed by us. 

this could definitely be subjectively true but is it also objectively?

I do not think that you can do it without other person willing to be open for that,no matter how good you are with it, sure you can effect others with your vibrations, but do not thing that you can actually connect without other person allowing it. 

@purerogue totally agree, also it's a connection on a mental level so the thought of who I think I am would have to make contact with the thought of the other person in mind. 

There is no privacy, only what you create for yourself with the mind, the separate you. 

13 hours ago, M B said:

this means if this is well understood, known and put in practice, one would be able to control his own mental vibration as well as others, not only that but step into the infinite intelligence of the living Mind.  

This interpretation smells of solipsism.
Think of yourself as a neuron within the infinite mind. It is like saying that this neuron will be able to become the whole mind.
All a neuron can do is to dissolve its own identity and become united through its indistinguishability.

The mere act of dissolving identity makes the neuron become a superconductor.
It feels like a superpower, but is totally mundane.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

I like your analogy.

solipsism states the uncertainty of the existence of other's minds and the certainty of my own consciousness, it also presents that everything is merely a mental projection of the mind.  This resonates back with the principle of correspondence, as within so without, as above so below.

I find intriguingly funny how everything returns back to the ancient studies and hidden knowledge of Occult. i.e the hermetic teaching.

however, part of me also chooses to have faith and believe that every other mind is with me in the same game, and as you said if I could dissolve and become a superconductor, which I think I had some experiences with, then one could conduct the self to drop the identity and become conscious of the other mind consciousness.   

kybalion.pdf

@tsuki

I like your analogy.

solipsism states the uncertainty of the existence of other's minds and the certainty of my own consciousness, it also presents that everything is merely a mental projection of the mind.  This resonates back with the principle of correspondence, as within so without, as above so below.

I find intriguingly funny how everything returns back to the ancient studies and hidden knowledge of Occult. i.e the hermetic teaching.

however, part of me also chooses to have faith and believe that every other mind is with me in the same game, and as you said if I could dissolve and become a superconductor, which I think I had some experiences with, then one could conduct the self to drop the identity and become conscious of the other mind consciousness.   

We are completely connected to each other. Not only are we connected but we are all the same.