Viking

do you think young people got a shot at enlightenment?

24 posts in this topic

I wonder if to transcend the ego one has to develop it fully. im talking about sahaja samadhi, can a guy in his 20s achieve that?

im asking not to speculate or something, im asking to know better what to do with my life. 

where does the extreme drive to get enlightened come from? for me it's to be the best fucking human being that's possible to be. I realize it's just another desire of the ego, but I cant help it, it's there, that extremely masculine fire to be the best. best doenst necessarily mean powerful, smart, or any of that stage orange stuff, but more wisdom, the best from the best and wisest perspective so to speak.

Do we seek enlightenment/follow a drive for enlightenment, or do we go into the understanding of this propensity in us to "seek"; this propensity for "drive"?

Why is ego/thought always seeking/escaping from what-is?

Whether this seeking is for fame, fortune, or enlightenment --- all "seeking."  Understand the movement of seeking/seeker.

It needs to be seen as fact that this seeking is a movement of fear/insecurity.  The insecure nature of the movement of thought, always in a state of seeking security.

We identify with the compulsion to seek (manifesting in thought movement as being  a "seeker") but one instead should observe the fact of identification processes/movement of thought first.

Edited by robdl

@Viking Said-

"do you think young people got a shot at enlightenment?"

Ramana Maharshi was only 16 when he became liberated.

26 minutes ago, Viking said:

where does the extreme drive to get enlightened come from? for me it's to be the best fucking human being that's possible to be.

Welp, the problem with this is that you won't become the best human being.

You'll find you really arent a human being after all. :) or should I say, it's only "apparently" real.

If you recognize/realize your true nature and feel "special", then you have enlightenment sickness. The ego has claimed "it" is enlightened.

Edited by Anna1

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

I think it is a healthy attitude wanting to be the best :D

You go bro!

You cannot love what you need.

1 minute ago, Anna1 said:

If you recognize/realize your true nature and feel "special", then you have enlightenment sickness. The ego has claimed "it" is enlightened.

24 minutes ago, Viking said:

the best from the best and wisest perspective so to speak.

whatever is the best in the wisest perspective, so "feeling special" doesnt fall into that category, since it's not the best from the wisest perspective.

4 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

Welp, the problem with this is that you won't become the best human being.

again, best not in a limited sense as you describe here.

@Viking It's not that young people can't get enlightened, it's just that in most cases their ego's are too big that they are blocking the path.

It happens to be that as you grow up on the path you become more spiritually mature and your ego is easier to let go and transcend.

Bigger ego's = hard to enlighten.

Reduced ego, humble ego, wise ego = smooth enlightenment.

Even if you do have a surprise awakening like many people do, if your ego is unprepared then you will suffer greatly. Enlightenment is a very holistic pursuit, it is not a side hobby or interest. It is your life. You have to gather all your knowledge from all spands fo life (relationships, diet, work..) to have a full awakening and maintain it. It is easy to have a few experiences then say you know everything.

It is healthy to want to become awakened, just be aware that the you don't want awakening because it is the end of everything you hold deeply, and that drive might change over time and even disappear.

My advice, keep reading, meditating, do some shrooms or LSD. The path is infinite. But one day at a time.

Everyone wants to climb the highest mountain, that's just how we are made.

You cannot love what you need.

Once a human being is capable sexually, then growing the "tree" to the infinite is possible. Starting around 13 years old. 

3 hours ago, Viking said:

best not in a limited sense as you describe here.

Sorry if I mis-understood.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Children are some of the most Enlightened people i know. They don't know any better than to be themselves, being yourself = expression of source energy. In the future we will be learning more from the children of the stars than we do adults.

B R E A T H E

2 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

They have a lot to learn.  I’m 40, so I can see all the way back from where I am to age 15 or so.  You do learn a lot every year.  I learned a lot during the full decade of my 30’s.  During my 20’s I was pretty naive. 

I just turned 30 a week ago. Feels really awesome that I havr many many more years to learn and grow :)

. As you grow older it becomes more and more difficult to unlearn, what you have learned from the society. An older man becomes rigid, resists any change. Youth is the best time for inner transformation because youth is the most flexible time. If you miss your youth, it will be more and more difficult later on. Not that it is impossible , it can happen even when you are old , but it will take more arduous effort and things will not be so easy.

Yogananda was enlightened as a fetus. 

You don’t need to look anywhere for a good perspective. Nothing anyone will say to you can be superior to your own conscience, inner being, svabhava, etc.  Spend time still & quiet and listen to it, connect by allowing & surrendering, get in touch with it. Trust it and listen. It’s that inner knowing that when you pull into a fast food drive through says -come on bro, seriously. Just have to listen to it, slow down and listen to it, and that means letting go of any “you” which refuses. Don’t be rushed. That you is a thought pattern, not awareness. The ego likes Big Macs & general self destruction, and it hates deconstruction. The hate gives it away every time. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Viking Yes, but probably not with techniques like yoga and meditation. In those paths, it will take at least a decade of hardcore work to reach Sahaja samadhi. But there are techniques that will enable you to reach there in a year or two.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@Viking The Work of Byron Katie

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

On 6/25/2018 at 2:52 PM, Viking said:

I wonder if to transcend the ego one has to develop it fully. 

im asking not to speculate or something, im asking to know better what to do with my life. 

where does the extreme drive to get enlightened come from? 

No, I’m the epitome of an underdeveloped, somewhat enlightened (600s by the Ramaji scale) guy. I am workin on it though.

Suffering. The enlightened are generally people who have been beat to hell by life and have a deep understanding that no accomplishment can ever get you out of suffering.

I am enlightened and have always been enlightened, like UG Krishnamurti going to Ramana Maharshi and realising he already had what he wanted, Ramana could give it to him, but could he take it? The truth is no one can give you enlightenment but they can remind you of your true self that was already there before birth and will be there before you die, the room within which the play or drama show of illusory curtains is pulled off and you see clearly who you are. You are in some way extremely normal, to the point where you realise that what was normal to you when you were a child, 'nothing', is so simple, and there with you right now, all the time, beneath the façade of your intellect.

Edited by Hotaka

16 hours ago, How to be wise said:

@Viking The Work of Byron Katie

?

31 minutes ago, Hotaka said:

I am enlightened and have always been enlightened, like UG Krishnamurti going to Ramana Maharshi and realising he already had what he wanted, Ramana could give it to him, but could he take it? The truth is no one can give you enlightenment but they can remind you of your true self that was already there before birth and will be there before you die, the room within which the play or drama show of illusory curtains is pulled off and you see clearly who you are. You are in some way extremely normal, to the point where you realise that what was normal to you when you were a child, 'nothing', is so simple, and there with you right now, all the time, beneath the façade of your intellect.

?

❤️

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Bentinho Massaro is one. He was into this topic since he was a teenager.

Edited by Brittany