billiesimon

Leo, I don't understand the meaning behind everything

15 posts in this topic

I'm doing meditation, still a beginner, and following Leo's and Eckhart's content. Learning to be present, to be conscious of my habits and thoughts.

I've certainly discovered a whole lot of uncounsciousness in my life, and I'm still at the beginning.

But what I don't undestand is... if we all are the same Consciousness, the same Universe....

What's the point of all this suffering, pain, hate, confusion, and ego in the world?

Can't we/the universe just be happy all the time in Presence? what's the point in dealing with all this bullshit nonsense of existential suffering and separation from the wholeness of existence?

I don't get it. It's so irrational and stupid... If I had the choice between peace and happiness, and pain and frustration, I would choose the first ones. Why is the universe choosing all this chaos and division?

Edited by billiesimon

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

@billiesimon I'm sure you've seen this before. Do you know it's meaning? The dancing Shiva. See the never ending circle of flames. That is the universe/ existence. It's driven by desire. See the creature that's under Shiva's foot? That is ignorance/ego. The dance between truth and ignorance is what keeps the wheels of the universe turning.

Dancing Shiva.jpg

In this moment, this is my thought....

Good vs bad is very black and white. Labelling something good is only possible because you know what bad is and vice versa. You need one to define the other. Also, deeper than that, 'good' and 'bad' are subjective. Also, good can be born out of bad, and bad out of good, and that's also subjective. It's alllllllll just..........just....... '________'! It's everything and nothing, it's not just 1 thing period.

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@billiesimon Infinity.

What this doesn't explain is that if it's plain infinitity, then randomness in terms of complete chaos is infinitely more probable than the type of reality we are perceiving through this life. And is the next life determined as a roulette, or is it a consequence of this life? To me the latter makes more sense.

(What's dangerous about this kind of contemplation is that it could easily turn into religious dogma. I can't know anything for sure; it just makes sense to me)

Edited by Edvard

All ideas about infinity are finite.

Drop them.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Nice.  Existential Truth doesn’t speak.

Existential Ego does xD 

2 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Indeed.  Let’s just call it the Conceptual Understanding, which has an Ego of its own.

I was talking about you xD 

34 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Drop them.

Caution about this: Thought-self takes the direction “drop them” and thought in the form of doer-ship, volition, self, time, effort (all apparent variants of thought-self but all one and the same movement) gets perpetuated. 

Thought uses even notions of killing thought to perpetuate thought. Self-feeding loop.

There first needs to be self-understanding of this mechanistic nature of thought that is seeking security in its own movement, otherwise notions of dropping thought will be used by thought to serve thought’s purpose.

One if not the biggest mind-fuck.

Edited by robdl

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

It’s everybody not just me.  You don’t have eyes to see that yet.

Im not gonna shut up now. Got enough sniping points. Im done. Have fun, doing your "thing". xD 

1 hour ago, billiesimon said:

Can't we/the universe just be happy all the time in Presence? what's the point in dealing with all this bullshit nonsense of existential suffering and separation from the wholeness of existence?

It seems as though everything in the cosmos has a polar opposite or thats how it's percieved by the action figure. Anyway, do you only watch nice, happy movies? Or do you sometimes watch a horror flick or tear jerker drama? We have until the end of time to entertain ourselves, why not mix it up? 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

40 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Drop them.

OK, although you just presented an idea: infinity... which you claim to have an experience of. Even this one word has infinite meanings. Certainly infinite interpretations.

Edited by Edvard

@billiesimon

6 minutes ago, Edvard said:

OK, although you just presented an idea: infinity... which you claim to have an experience of. Even this one word has infinite meanings. Certainly, infinite interpretations.

There is only suffering when you look at it through your narrow slice of the pie. You only see suffering because you still think you are a person. If you take the universal perspective you will see that there is no pain or pleasure or good or bad just form interacting with form.

2 hours ago, billiesimon said:

If I had the choice between peace and happiness, and pain and frustration, I would choose the first ones. Why is the universe choosing all this chaos and division?

I heard that you can choose. Even on Leo's blog somewhere, it said that life is a school. You got to learn all your lessons first before moving on to something better or become one with everything. People do have spiritual experiences of life being a school. Now, another question is, why even start this process? Why even create egos and realms everywhere? Well, paradoxically and metaphorically, "God (aka no-self) likes to have children." It's just like that without much explanation to it -- just egos living in realms as 'children.' Just try your best in life, and of course, without harming others. Use your life purpose as a vehicle to self-actualize and to express any type of self-transendence if you can.

As you said: The Universe has a choice to be happy or not to be happy.

The choice is yours :)