Why?

Overcoming doubt of the self-actualisation path

7 posts in this topic

I've been quite ill and sad for the past few days, and have noticed my mind blaming self-actualisation for all my suffering and whether this path is really worth it.

How do I overcome this doubt? 

If self-actualization really was the cause for all your suffering, how would this change things for you? If it was to be really painful at times in the future, would it be worth giving up your path?

Look at those thoughts you have and say to them, “You are right, there is a truth in what you’re saying”. Embrace them in this way. God didn’t just put random thoughts in your head, he intelligently placed particular thoughts to help you evolve; and the secret is, the more negative the thoughts, the more love you and they deserve :) 

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

14 minutes ago, Solace said:

Look at those thoughts you have and say to them, “You are right, there is a truth in what you’re saying”. Embrace them in this way. God didn’t just put random thoughts in your head, he intelligently placed particular thoughts to help you evolve; and the secret is, the more negative the thoughts, the more love you and they deserve :) 

Oh then I'd be the most love deserving being in the world...

On 6/14/2018 at 2:35 AM, Why? said:

I've been quite ill and sad for the past few days, and have noticed my mind blaming self-actualisation for all my suffering and whether this path is really worth it.

How do I overcome this doubt? 

@Why? Did you have a stage where you had a breakthrough and felt a sense of bliss, euphoria, etc? If so, you are in the Dark Night phase that follows the Arising and Passing stage. Daniel Ingram's book explains it and how to move past it. Its a necessary stage but can last a long time and be debilitating if not handled skillfully. 

@Matt8800 Yes. But I can't purchase any more books like these because my family is adamant that anything related with spirituality is woo woo and doesn't work.

If you're older than say 17, I'd forget whatever your family (or anyone else) says that doesn't sound right to you. Censoring your reading material seems egregiously domineering to me. Do you come from a super religious family?