BestSelf

Any good books on how to stop caring what others think/seeking validation?

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Ive noticed some solid results in the last few month of REALLY focusing hard on self development work. Im overall more relaxed, feel better about myself, and better able to express myself. One thing I still really struggle with though is caring too much what others think/seeking validation

For example, on facebook when I post something and certain friends dont like it it still bothers me.  I know rationally it shouldn't, but it still does. Also I find myself still very much like hungry. Im almost finished reading the 6 pillars of self esteem and while I feel my self esteem has grown from putting the knowledge in the book into practice along with other personal development techniques and I may be slightly less affected then i was before, I am still struggling with this issue.

Is there any good book recommendations you guys have on the specific subject?

Thanks!

This was a great video. I got lots of insights. I encourage you to take it slow and ponder it deeply. 

She goes deeper than Leo Gura did in his similar video. Surprised actually, because usually Leo Gura is the best. 

But Leo does different stuff now 

Edited by thehero

@BestSelf

''The Subtle art of not giving a fuck'' By Mark Mason.

The bottom line is take 100% responsibility for your own life. Make solid values for yourself and actualize them. Anything/anyone else other than your values should not bother you a bit.

All the best :) 

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

You don't need a book really, its simple. Just ask yourself Why do you even care? and keep asking yourself until you give yourself the answer.

Meditation and spiritual practice/arts help, i simply woke up one day and looked at myself in the mirror for several minutes thinking about this and it become pointless and restrictive in my natural evolution, so i discarded it.

B R E A T H E