Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZenBlue

No Tv For 30 Days!

42 posts in this topic

On 5.4.2016 at 11:17 AM, 8LanguageStud said:

I am doing a similar cold turkey for facebook.  Just eliminated all my friends, all posts, all likes, all everything except the account name since it can be useful for security verification.  Feels like addictions of today all surround facebook, so my idea is to start living the real world more and less in virtual space.  Same applies to these forums, when it's otherwise not a relevant topic.

Search and install the google chrome extension "news feed killed". It helped me a lot.

On 15.4.2016 at 7:48 AM, ZenBlue said:

@Natasha Thank you :D That's awesome I'm glad you decided to take the plunge as well! Good luck with your challenge, hope it all goes well. Let us know how it works out for you

THAT'S AWESOME!!! Good luck, what are your stats so far? still without T.V?

I had this addiction too. For the last few years i was addicted to T.V shows, and if i finished a show and didn't have anything also to watch, i was getting angry and bored. Now, I still watch T.V, but only a few shows when new episodes come out. Like: Game of Thrones, Vikings, The walking dead, etc. So I watch T.V only for 3-5 hours/ week. That is perfectly fine for me! :-)

@bracov Hey sorry for the late reply. I forgot about this thread. Yup still without TV. I had a period where I would watch some movies to make up for the TV, but I'm still able to be more productive than before.

That's awesome you were able to reduce your TV time! Yea if you can moderate yourself then I don't see the harm in a little TV.