egoless

Zen Buddhist converts to Christianity

170 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Faceless said:

yes

Thought in of itself is coherent as long as it doesn't remain incoherent of its own movement. It’s the illusory entity that takes its imagined self as real, and the defending to maintain that entity’s permanence that causes the disorder. 

The next question would be is thought ultimately mechanical. Or is it intelligible. Can thought be straitened out? 

It seems logical that the movement of thought can't straighten itself out.  The problem can't fix itself.  But can the deep understanding or experience of the processes of thought create its own action that straightens thought out? That I do not know for sure.

1 minute ago, robdl said:

It seems logical that the movement of thought can't straighten itself out.  The problem can't fix itself.  But can the deep understanding or experience of the processes of thought create its own action that straightens thought out? That I do not know for sure.

Let’s take some time an meditate on this. 

Perhaps we can continue this later ??

@egoless

Meditation is a technique.  But the path of love, bhakti yoga , and Jesus is a BHAKTA, a devotee , knows no techniques. Love is not a technique and cannot be a technique, and if you bring technique into it, you will destroy love.

Every day Buddha is gaining more and more followers in the West, because the West has become very very mind-oriented. The West has become technological about everything. The grip of Christ is lessening on the West. The reason is that the West no longer goes through the heart. 

Jesus says: Love God. If you can love, then there is no problem. If you cannot love, then Jesus is not the way for you. Then you will have to search for Buddha. Love is not a doing. It is a happening, it is a trust, not a technique.

7 hours ago, egoless said:

@Dino D I know some christian monks who have reached such deep states of faith that it is incomparable even with the most advanced zen monks. 

Billions of blue blistering barnacles.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

1 hour ago, Prabhaker said:

Meditation is a technique.  But the path of love, bhakti yoga , and Jesus is a BHAKTA, a devotee , knows no techniques. Love is not a technique and cannot be a technique, and if you bring technique into it, you will destroy love.

Every day Buddha is gaining more and more followers in the West, because the West has become very very mind-oriented. The West has become technological about everything. The grip of Christ is lessening on the West. The reason is that the West no longer goes through the heart. 

Isnt this from osho. Bhakti yoga is what my father practises and i can clearly say he is delusional(sorry dad). Bhakti yoga is more about surrendering after surrendering only love happens and its really hard more traps are waiting. To my knowledge Shankara brought back this bhakti yoga for those who cannot go with meditation and self enquiry and it was relief for people that time but later it lost its charm with stories

Edited by Harikrishnan

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

7 minutes ago, Harikrishnan said:

its really hard more traps are waiting

Do you think that path of meditation is easier for everyone ? Ramakrishna Paramahamsa was enlightened on the path of Bhakti (devotion) in nineteenth century. Those who have faith, those who can love, we can't give the advise to leave their faith and become a meditator. 

12 minutes ago, Harikrishnan said:

Bhakti yoga is what my father practises and i can clearly say he is delusional(sorry dad)

Ramakrishna took up the position of officiating priest in a newly built Kali temple on the banks of the Ganges. People began to think that he was truly mad, for his behaviour became more and more unfitting for an orthodox Brahmin priest. He would offer prasad to Kali and then eat it himself. Anybody will find him delusional.  

Buddha taught non-violence, even Hindus were influenced by him. Foreign civilizations attacked India. Foreigners never occupied India before Buddha. Even Alexander the great returned from the boundaries of India. I would love to wear my Zen Necklace in remembrance on Independence day

You guys are trying to remake christianity and fit it to your preference... This is wrong and not going to work. Christianity is unlike new age where you do whatever you want and leave the rest out. It’s contrary to that and christianity is not like any other religion because Jesus has showed that he is the only true God. He showed that with his sinless life and death for our sins. You either believe that or not and there are millions of reasons why you should. This has nothing to do with bhakti yoga or meditation. Stop mixing it with eastern cultures. You will never know Jesus like that. The only way to know him is to pray with your full heart and make the leap of belief towards him. 

Edited by egoless

@egolessWhat's the point of believing in Jesus? What do you gain from this?

Edited by Salvijus

You cannot love what you need.

Matthew 11:29-30 King James Version (KJV)

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

”The meaning of the word "Yoga" is "union". It is derived from the Sanskrit root "yuj," (pron. "yug") meaning "to join", "to unite" but also "to subjugate", with the meaning also "to control" and "to disciplinate". The English word "yoke" is also derived from the same Sanskrit (Indo-European) root.”

Dont look at me! Look inside!

16 minutes ago, egoless said:

Stop mixing it with eastern cultures.

Jesus was born in Asian continent.

37 minutes ago, egoless said:

You guys are trying to remake christianity and fit it to your preference... This is wrong and not going to work. Christianity is unlike new age where you do whatever you want and leave the rest out. It’s contrary to that and christianity is not like any other religion because Jesus has showed that he is the only true God. He showed that with his sinless life and death for our sins. You either believe that or not and there are millions of reasons why you should. This has nothing to do with bhakti yoga or meditation. Stop mixing it with eastern cultures. You will never know Jesus like that. The only way to know him is to pray with your full heart and make the leap of belief towards him. 

It’s a conceptual system that inspires you.  Great.  That’s what we all do.  Just don’t take it literally. 

8 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

It’s a conceptual system that inspires you.  Great.  That’s what we all do.  Just don’t take it literally. 

It’s not a conceptual system. Unless you find Jesus yourself you will never understand what it means to be a true Christian. 

3 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

Ramakrishna took up the position of officiating priest in a newly built Kali temple on the banks of the Ganges. People began to think that he was truly mad, for his behaviour became more and more unfitting for an orthodox Brahmin priest. He would offer prasad to Kali and then eat it himself. Anybody will find him delusional.  

This is really intresting. Maybe my take on bhakti yoga must be challenged.

@egoless Whats the point of this thread? Youre obviously not here to learn anything new since you shoot down every post anyone makes. Since youve been in the game for a while you should know that just screaming ”Jesus is the truth!” doesnt really work that well

@Rilles I am responding to those who ask me and are interested to know about Jesus.  

The point of this thread is to show the different perspective to you and to reveal the Truth about Jesus. And debunk all the deceptive images of false Jesus which are created in nondual communities to fit their agenda and worldview. 

Edited by egoless

@egoless But youve switched perspectives yourself, not seeing both sides, if you did then people might listen to you. Im tired of arguing with a wall so before I leave I just want to ask you

Is it wrong to be gay?

Is meditation a sin? Do you believe in sin?

27 minutes ago, Rilles said:

@egoless But youve switched perspectives yourself, not seeing both sides, if you did then people might listen to you. Im tired of arguing with a wall so before I leave I just want to ask you

Is it wrong to be gay?

Is meditation a sin? Do you believe in sin?

Your questions lack the understanding of who Jesus is. You lack the understanding what it means that the god himself came into human being and was crucified for our sins. Human nature is sinful and Jesus is the savior of all of us. Losing Jesus is your choice. Jesus doesn’t punish anyone. It’s always your choice wether you live with or without the love of God. 

You are calling me a wall and expect me to answer your questions which I still did by the way. If Following nonduality made you such a disrespectful person towards human life maybe it’s time to challenge your worldview?

P.S. As I have told you many times I have seen the both perspectives and I was in deep nondual practices. The Truth has been revealed to me after I made the first step towards Jesus. 

Edited by egoless