Saumaya

Pursuing Enlightenment does not make one special

42 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, who chit said:

Psychiatry isn't much more a reliable source than spirituality. Usually it's meds and talk therapy. CBT has proven to be a decent modality. But then again, it's based on "being aware of unrealistic thoughts", (what thought isn't,xD), and challenging them with more realistic thoughts to affect behavior change. Watching thoughts has been in spirituality for thousands of years.

What do you think of other therapies like ACT?

28 minutes ago, who chit said:

There's also the very real fact, even though they will deny it, that most actually have a certain "friendship" with their suffering. Their sense of identity is so wrapped up in the story of "my suffering" they would rather cling to that, than to affect any change. Only when it gets to the point of being absolutely intolerable, will there be a willingness to do something about it.

Very true

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

More and more therapies like ACT, are employing spiritual based methodologies/practices into their programs more and more, because there is thousands of years of proven evidence of them having healing affects on the body-mind. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I believe it was Jung who brought the idea of employing aspects of spiritual based practices, and cutting out the "spiritual" part obviously,to western psychiatry. He traveled and studied the methods of the yogi's for awhile (a couple of years??,not sure),and wrote a book based on his research called "Kundalini" I believe. Anyway it was considered revolutionary in the day. And, by happenstance of studying the eastern practices, Jung himself  became enlightened. There is a clear distinction in the change of his being in his writings,  prior to his study of eastern practices and afterward. He had an energetic (kundalini) sudden awakening,went through the dark night of the soul, and eventually , came out the other end a changed being. And he kept a journal throughout the whole process.

What do I think of the therapies? I don't have any experience with them so I can't form a reliable opinion. I suppose like anything else, some would get benefit, and others wouldn't. With spiritual practices, you're going beyond the mind altogether. Why cope, when you can transcend the BS altogether?:D.

Edited by who chit