Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MarkusSweden

Without thought/mind, no awareness/consciousness?

12 posts in this topic

I'm aware of my thoughts, but if I remove the contents of the thoughts, will awareness remains and be aware of itself(without any objective qualities)? 

Or will consciousness cease to exist if there is nothing to be aware of? 

To nail it..

Is consciousness/awareness only a quality in a company with an object, a thought for example. Or is it self aware, without any need for an objective "thing" in order to realise its own "being"? 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

49 minutes ago, MarkusSweden said:

Is consciousness/awareness only a quality in a company with an object

Awareness means transcendence of the mind, so it is not the mind that is aware. It is only through transcendence of the mind, through going beyond mind, that awareness becomes possible. 

Awareness is absolutely devoid of any subjectivity or objectivity. There is no one who is witnessing in awareness; there is no one who is being witnessed. Awareness is a total act, integrated; the subject and the object are not related in it; they are dissolved. So awareness doesn’t mean that anyone is aware, nor does it mean that anything is being attended to.

Awareness is total – total subjectivity and total objectivity as a single phenomenon – while in witnessing a duality exists between subject and object. Awareness is non-doing; witnessing implies a doer. But through witnessing awareness is possible, because witnessing means that it is a conscious act; it is an act, but conscious. You can do something and be unconscious – our ordinary activity is unconscious activity – but if you become conscious in it, it becomes witnessing. So from ordinary unconscious activity to awareness there is a gap that can be filled by witnessing.

Witnessing is a technique, a method toward awareness. 

This is all an idea/theory unless thought ACTUALLY and TOTALLY ceases to move....

Without thought, when the center comes to an end, there is no duality taking place. There is no entity that is self aware, as that implies the veil of thought “knowledge, experience, memory” is still in movement. 

There is no here or there, this or that, and no other type of reference points in that sense. There is no movement of memory/experience interpreting at all. 

When there is no experiencer/experience determining and interfering with what is, there is only the UNNAMABLE/IMMEASURABLE.  

This is Nothingness 

THE ULTIMATE FREEDOM 

Existential Truth sees all talk as thought-stories.  You can’t carve up Existential Truth with concepts.  BE-ing is just BE-ing — It’s what this language points to. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Who is the one that says: I'm going to empty the mind?

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

4 minutes ago, Faceless said:

When there is no experiencer/experience determining and interfering with what is, there is only the UNNAMABLE/IMMEASURABLE.  

This is Nothingness 

THE ULTIMATE FREEDOM 

Thanks faceless! This is great! 

This is where words ends, and the unnamable nothingness "unfolds"(but NOT within time) 

Namaste. 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

5 minutes ago, MarkusSweden said:

Thanks faceless! This is great! 

This is where words ends, and the unnamable nothingness "unfolds"(but NOT within time) 

Namaste. 

Everything ends. 

There is no me at all. Goes beyond words. Even the imagination ceases to operate. 

The thing, is I’m not quite sure what I said above in your thread, because my memory of this doesn’t exsist. Everything I say to you is very partial. As I don’t recollect this immeasurable/nothingness. 

There is no-thing “self” there to record. 

So my description is “extremely” partial indeed.

THATS WHY I SAY “SEE FOR YOURSELF” 

Edited by Faceless

3 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Everything ends. 

There is no me at all. Goes beyond words. Even the imagination ceases to operate. 

The thing, is I’m not quite sure what I said above in your thread, because my memory of this doesn’t exsist. Everything I say to you is very partial. As I don’t recollect this immeasurable/nothingness. 

There is no-thing “self” there to record. 

So my description is “extremely” partial indeed.

I know exactly what you mean! 

*What you said had nothing to do with truth, it was just a pointer

*There is no "you" that just reached out to me with an answer, hence no memory of it

*There was no knowledge(implies memory aka 'self') behind the answer.

That's why "your" pointer is so good! :)  

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

Well that’s true in the sense that the description is never the described. TRUTH CAN NOT BE COMMUNICATED IN ITSELF.

I LITERALY MEAN THIS IMMEASURABLE NOTHINGNESS IS NOT REMEBERED BECAUSE THERE WAS NO EXPERIENCER THERE TO RECOGNIZE AND RECORD A WORLD OF THINGS. 

WHEN THIS HAPPENES I DONT RECAL THIS “HAPPENING” 

THERE IS JUST A COMING TO. ITS QUITE STRANGE INDEED. 

Edited by Faceless

1 minute ago, Faceless said:

Well that’s true in the sense that the description is never the described. TRUTH CAN NOT BE COMMUNICATED IN ITSELF.

I LITERALY MEAN THIS IMMEASURABLE NOTHINGNESS IS NOT REMEBERED BECAUSE THERE WAS NO EXPERIENCER THERE TO RECOGNIZE AND RECORD A WORLD OF THINGS. 

WHEN THIS HAPPENES I DONT RECAL THIS “HAPPENING” 

THERE IS JUST A COMING TO. ITS QUITE STRANGE INDEED. 

I know what you mean. The 'personal' mind is like goggles that makes it possible to recognise 'a world of things' 

Without the goggles('personal mind') put on 'your' awareness, 'you' don't experience memory nor a world of things. 

It's just impersonal consciousness, unbound, outside of time and space. 

You literary have to limit this impersonal consciousness, and narrow it down in order for memory to arise and a world to appear. 

@Faceless Great insights!(as usual) :) 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

11 hours ago, MarkusSweden said:

I'm aware of my thoughts, but if I remove the contents of the thoughts, will awareness remains

Yes, awareness will remain, as it is within awareness that thoughts arise, even the apparent person you take yourself to be, is within awareness.

That apparent person, as well as all objects (including space and time), are composed/created out of awareness, appear within awareness and depend completely on awareness for their "apparent" existence (although ultimately unreal).

Awareness does not depend, at all, on objects. 

Edited by Anna1

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?