tsuki

What is an argument?

58 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Rilles said:

So much passive aggressiveness in this post. But I guess thats just my projection.-_-

In the end, @Outer way of doing things is the way to do, if you have any aspiration to have traction on the world. 

Unfortunately, truth never had, and never will have any traction upon the world.

Truth is a huge reward in itself, but it's only that, and nothing more. 

As Bob Dylan puts it.. 

"Democracy don’t rule the world,; You’d better get that in your head.; This world is ruled by violence; But I guess that’s better left unsaid."

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

17 minutes ago, Outer said:

But if you have an agenda in your typing that says more about you than I.

Let me try to put it this way:

Everything is an interpretation. I am your interpretation. The whole 100% me.
Even if you saw me in flesh, I would still be 100% your interpretation.
There is no difference between me and you. I am you. Ring any bells? Enlightenment? Nonduality?

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

My bad, Im not English so I sometimes mess up definitions. Well atleast you’re honest about your intention, thats admirable.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

2 minutes ago, Rilles said:

My bad, Im not English so I sometimes mess up definitions. Well atleast you’re honest about your intention, thats admirable.

Rille och jag är bättre på Svenska! Det är lite mer vår grej! :) 

@Outer är konsekvent i sin stil ändå, det är något jag uppskattar och respekterar! Ingen vindflöjel som vänder kappan efter hur det blåser för att få andras gillande. Det ska han ha cred för åtminstone. :D

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

5 minutes ago, Outer said:

If you want me to become enlightened you should ask me to get rid of thoughts, this type of teaching you're trying to do I think has a zero % success rate. It's in fact bordering on Neo Advaita which advocates zero practice.

I swear, like a second ago you said yourself that the teaching that you already know is useless.
What we are doing here is practice. What do you think is the point of a forum about enlightenment?
Why are you wasting your time here? Telling everybody what enlightenment is, or isn't.

Maybe you were an unstoppable force trying to find an immovable object?
To practice with?

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

I don't know much, but at least I know this.. 

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” :D

Who is stupid and who is not is yet another topic for an argument I guess! :D

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

Förbjudet :(

@Outer @tsuki @Rilles  

If you didn't know the answer to the question in OP at the beginning, at least you know it by now! :D

This actually a great model of an ideal thread. Instead of describing symbolically the answer to the OP-question, we simply ARE the answer. :D

This thread should be a precedent to all other threads at this forum. 

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

6 minutes ago, MarkusSweden said:

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” :D

Well, if it seems like arguing to you then at least I'm constructively answering the original question.
It would be a disaster if this thread got derailed now, wouldn't it?

8 minutes ago, Outer said:

The point of the forum is to define enlightenment/awakening and how to achieve it in my opinion and research about it.

Or are these the rules of Zen monastery that you so desperately try to obey?
Perhaps this place is simply a hoax to lure in stupid people so that they become enlightened by observing their own stupidity?

10 minutes ago, Outer said:

I have never said such a thing. If you're trying to teach me something because you want to change me, but I already know it, what does that say about what you're trying to teach, as I already know it and I'm not according to your ideal?

I have nothing to teach. I am asking questions to deepen my ignorance.
I actually hope that you will teach me what is the difference between argument and sharing.

We're doing wonderful I think.

This actually a great model of an ideal thread. Instead of describing symbolically the answer to the OP-question, we simply ARE the answer. 

Haha i died a little from laughing

7 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

@MarkusSweden låt oss skapa ett svenskt underforum.

Agree! And we should let the original forum be free from other language then english. 

I just wanted to say something that wasn't poorly written to Rille, our English(at least mine) suck grammar wise from time to time. :) 

But one never learn unless one continue to keep keeping on. :)

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

4 hours ago, tsuki said:

What is an argument?

Argument is a prostitute. When somebody comes with a conclusion, then he looks through that conclusion and chooses only things which support his position.

@Rilles @MarkusSweden @Nahm
It is not an argument! It is the forum doing its self-inquiry!
Asking itself: what am I?

@MarkusSwedenHahahaha this is so true, except the crocodile swallowing you is your ego LoL.