okulele

Shaktipat - recieving spiritual energy

12 posts in this topic

"Shaktipat or Śaktipāta (Sanskrit, from shakti - "(psychic) energy" - and pāta, "to fall") refers in Hinduism to the conferring of spiritual "energy" upon one person by another. Shaktipat can be transmitted with a sacred word or mantra, or by a look, thought or touch – the last usually to the ajna chakra or third eye of the recipient." - Wikipedia

I wanted to ask you about your experiences with shaktipat - receiving the energy of a master. Do you believe in it? Have you experienced it? What were the effects?

I recently started mediating with Kip Mazuy's music. Kip claims, that he sends shakti via this music. It seems to really work for me and I can easily get into deep meditation using his music. I am still not sure if it is not just placebo though :D

I especially like this one, it's a short mediation with his shakti music:

Maybe try it out and tell us your experience?

Edited by okulele

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

Sadhguru conducts programs where he takes hundreds of ordinary people at once to a bliss state, beyond the body and mind by doing shakipat.

It's called Bhava Spandana

You cannot love what you need.

Beautiful. This is my idea of do nothing meditation. Allowing everything to be as it is without resistance. The resistance is the doing, allowing is a non-doing. Love

-1/12 is Infinity 

The best way to meditate is simply Just Be :) All of these other Meditations are Imagination put into work which(don't get me wrong) can be extremely powerful but it is still not allowing the natural divine flow to flow effortlessly. When you Just Be, you are simply allowing the divine to express divinity in its most natural way.

Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

3 hours ago, pluto said:

The best way to meditate is simply Just Be :) All of these other Meditations are Imagination put into work which(don't get me wrong) can be extremely powerful but it is still not allowing the natural divine flow to flow effortlessly. When you Just Be, you are simply allowing the divine to express divinity in its most natural way.

Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.

Mindfulness is trying to take the imagination out of how you perceive objects and sensations, no? And do nothing is just understanding how your awareness works while kind of purging your mind. There  isn’t really a one size fits all when it comes to stuff like this, at least in my opinion.  Maybe some people have a difficult time with just “being” meditation, and get better results from just focusing on the breath or the third eye.

@DMM710 Indeed, to each to their own is most wise. I was just sharing in which i understand to be the path of least resistance. All is well :)

B R E A T H E

@Salvijus Wow! Sadghuru does it again! He is the boss :D

@Dodo Glad you liked it!

@pluto I totally agree. It just seems that with this music the allowance to Just Be comes especially easily.

Shinzen's view on this is interesting.

What he basically says is that we all exchange shakti with each other. We only see it very clearly in the presence of masters as their energy is so radically "higher" than ours.

I guess that is what Matt Kahn calls his transmission and what Leo is going for, when he mentioned he wants to teach in ways of energy and not only words.

@okulele

Relevant shaktipat video you might find extremely helpful 

-1/12 is Infinity 

On 5/18/2018 at 1:01 PM, okulele said:

Do you believe in it?

Shaktipat is an old device. The disciple had to surrender totally, had to become vulnerable, had to be open , risk all and have faith. If the master is an authentic master then his touch, particularly on the forehead between the two eyes where mythologically in the East we have visualized a third eye. If he puts his bodily contact on the third eye, and the disciple is absolutely available, surrendered, ready to receive, then the energy from the master’s being starts flowing. The master cannot do anything if the disciple is just a little bit reluctant, a little bit closed, a little bit afraid, not surrendered totally. Then nothing will happen.

Shaktipat is the energy of a Master which may trigger energy in people, producing involuntary physical and emotional responses like crying, laughing, chaotic breathing, shaking, trembling, and celebrating.

35 minutes ago, okulele said:

Is that Osho?

Yes, he is Osho. I hope people in the video are not pretenders.