MarkusSweden

Thoughness and enlightenment - Contradiction?

17 posts in this topic

To me, with higher awareness comes openness, love, friendliness and altruism. 

But sometimes you must be though in life in order not to be controlled or overrun. 

Can you live a life always compassionate or is there a contradiction here? 

The body-mind(that you are not) need some thoughness to survive in and comfortable way, but enlightenment inspire you to surrender all of that. 

Elaborate.  

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

@MarkusSweden Enlightenment is anti-survival. You must choose one or the other. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

I think life is full of contradictions :)

4 hours ago, How to be wise said:

@MarkusSweden Enlightenment is anti-survival. You must choose one or the other. 

I agree, but I think we are also supposed to guard our hearts in the process. I don't think enlightened means gullible fool :) 

5 hours ago, MarkusSweden said:

This question makes me think of my father. He has got to be one of the most selfless and compassionate men I've ever seen. He has let friends and family stay in our home till they got back on their feet. And even after one of the "friends" royally screwed, him to the point of getting him arrested over an overdue traffic ticket -_-, he still opened our house to one of my friends that was kicked out of his house (because he didn't understand how to be a man). My father has been used and abused by many people, I have even told him that he should stop trusting everyone.

But he told me once that it had nothing to so with "trust", but it had everything to do with being a good Christian/Human being. He was open and loving, but not a fool about it. He learned how to be compassionate and good to others while still protecting himself :)

I'm sorry for the rant, I hope it makes sense and applies :D 

You are not trying to be something trying to be something is not being that 

There is nothing safe with playing it safe.

6 hours ago, MarkusSweden said:

The body-mind(that you are not

First of all unless we are free of the conditioned mind ‘ACTUALLY’ we are the body/mind. To say anything else is an idea that you heard somewhere and you have adopted it to bring about a false sense of security. 

6 hours ago, MarkusSweden said:

To me, with higher awareness comes openness, love, friendliness and altruism. 

But sometimes you must be though in life in order not to be controlled or overrun. 

The body-mind(that you are not) need some thoughness to survive in and comfortable way, but enlightenment inspire you to surrender all of that. 

Elaborate.  

Conforming to the body/mind pattern is weakness. Resilience is gained by not demanding psychological security. To be a holistic gangster:ph34r:

And True Compassion is the result of the ending of weakness/fear. 

Edited by Faceless

5 hours ago, MarkusSweden said:

'Bend like a reed in the wind'  -Zen saying.

38 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

'Bend like a reed in the wind'  -Zen saying.

Resilience indeed. That is intelligent action. 

Edited by Faceless

17 minutes ago, Outer said:

Take a course in English Snick. This is embarassing.

Toughness not thoughness.

We know what he meant. It’s his second language. 

Besides I thought your goal was not to think ? 

One who is unbound by time doesn’t get embarrassed. :)

Edited by Faceless

41 minutes ago, Outer said:

Yeah you need to take a course in English too.

Unless you don't think it's important for you to communicate here.

If not I don't understand why you do it.

thank you:)

Is the way I write the reason you don’t understand or is it because you are incapable of thinking differently.

You don’t seem to be a free thinker. 

I seriously doubt my English skills are preventing one from understanding what I share here. It goes much deeper than that. 

Just like the other night when we were talking about what thought was. You sent me a definition of thought. Like that explains the what thought is and how it comes about. 

It seems you can not get passed the conditioned mind. I’m sorry. 

I don’t know what to say man. ??‍♂️

Edited by Faceless

6 minutes ago, Outer said:

Because you're not making any sense. You were equaling thought to knowing how to drive or learning anything, to speech, among other things. This is not what people say when they mean thought. You're wasting everyone's time by saying apples are oranges.

We are multiple people talking about apples and then you're coming in thinking apples are oranges.

Hehe

you still haven’t figured out what thought is yet. 

It makes sense man. You just don’t understand. 

Until you understand this you will never even be free of the self. 

Edited by Faceless

11 hours ago, MarkusSweden said:

It depends on path you choose.  

There are two basic paths. The path of surrender and the path of will. They are diametrically opposite as far as going through them is concerned. But they reach to the same goal.

The path of will starts with your witnessing Self. It is not concerned with your ego directly. If the inner Self is awakened, the ego disappears as a consequence. Yoga is a path of will.

The path of surrender is directly concerned with the ego, not with the Self. When the ego disappears, the inner Self is awakened automatically. The path of surrender is concerned with the ego immediately, directly. Tantra is a path of surrendering.

4 hours ago, Outer said:

Take a course in English Snick. This is embarassing.

Toughness not thoughness.

Ah, thanks! Somehow it felt awkward when I wrote it, lol.

Anyway, broken English is my signum I guess, it give me some swag. :) 

Sometimes, good things can come out of that which is not perfect in the realm of measurement of the mind. 

Just as compassion, humor, coolness, love and intuition often transcend what is "perfect" and goes beyond that which the mind pick up. 

But you know all of that, I know for the very first time that you were an emotional genius. 

Be happy for that, because emotional qualities are intuitive gifts in some sense, you can't learn or train those skills to any high degree. 

I love to read your posts here, your low key nature, the warm and relaxed attitude shines in everything you wrote. 

You always cover the important topics of Jordan Peterson and IQ! 

You're a cool guy @Outer , keep it up! :) 

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

13 hours ago, MarkusSweden said:

Jesus overturned the moneylenders' boards and began to beat the moneylenders. He cursed a fig tree which was not yielding any fruit because he and his disciples were hungry. 

When Buddha left his kingdom, his son was only one day old, he left the palace without informing his young wife, his father , he was his only son. Do you find this an act of compassion ?

8 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

Jesus overturned the moneylenders' boards and began to beat the moneylenders. He cursed a fig tree which was not yielding any fruit because he and his disciples were hungry. 

When Buddha left his kingdom, his son was only one day old, he left the palace without informing his young wife, his father , he was his only son. Do you find this an act of compassion ?

Interesting! There is some rebellious behaviour that goes in to real enlightenment. To be completely compassionate all the time to all people is to be a vegetable, and that has nothing to do with enlightened behaviour, rather the opposite. 

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

2 minutes ago, MarkusSweden said:

To be completely compassionate all the time to all people is to be a vegetable, and that has nothing to do with enlightened behaviour, rather the opposite. 

Can one be compassionate when consumed by fear? 

Can someone seeking enlightenment be truly compassionate? 

What has to happen for there to be actual compassion? 

14 hours ago, MarkusSweden said:

There is and this is the point.

In my ignorant opinion, religious scriptures are not attempts to establish morality, but to critique it.
They are riddles to be solved and in doing so, you solve yourself.

There is no way to be compassionate towards the murderer, the victim and yourself at the same time.
Not unless you recognize that you are all one.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

The Enlightened Being is the Ultimate Terminator.